U.K. nationals: Catchment Lead (Upper Lee and Stort)
How would you like to work for an organisation that is inclusive, values your views, and is striving to improve the environment?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key member of the Asset Performance Team in the Hertfordshire and North London Area helping create a better place for people and wildlife.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to provide technical guidance to the highly skilled catchment team, and lead on delivery of our asset management activities programme. You will work closely with internal field teams, external partners and other catchments leads to ensure works are completed to a high standard. You will also provide support to your team leader, helping reduce flood risk to local communities.
You should have excellent communication qualities, and be able to remain positive and focused on the key priorities, using your initiative to take timely decisions, and manage and prioritise a varied workload. You will be passionate about improving the environment and reducing our environmental impact.
This is a field and office based role, located at Alchemy Office in Welwyn Garden City. Travel within the Hertfordshire and North London area and to other offices/depots will be required.
The Upper Lee and Stort Asset Performance team is responsible for ensuring our flood risk management assets, such as reservoirs, flood banks, sluices, are inspected, maintained and operated to required standards.
The team develops the maintenance program, identifies required works, produces evidence-based bids for funding and oversees delivery. The team also plans and supports our preparation and response to incidents and works closely with other catchment areas ensuring people and properties are protected from flooding.
To succeed in this role you will:
• Be able to advise and support the team with asset management activities.
• Take a lead on projects within the catchment area liaising with external contractors and internal teams.
• Have a strong commitment to ensuring our teams are safe and well, setting high standard in risk management, ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with Environment Agency guidance.
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven track record in operational delivery
• Have a good understanding of revenue and capital funding
• Have experience or knowledge of asset management and/or engineering within a flood risk or water management environment.
• Have a strong professional background, having achieved or working towards achieving membership of a relevant professional institution. • A full UK driving licence is essential.
• Be willing to undertake specialist or further training where required.
Contact and additional information
The EA is an organisation that is inclusive, values your views, and is striving to improve the environment. We want to reflect the diverse communities that we serve in both our staff and their behaviours. We are a Stonewall Top 100 Employer and we champion diversity at every opportunity.
Everyone starting a role will be welcomed and given all training and support needed to succeed. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to develop qualifications.
The Environment Agency takes part in incident response, arrangements will be discussed with you depending on your role and circumstances.
The information in the candidate pack is generic, the advert provides you with the key accountabilities and skills needed to succeed.
Please direct questions to the recruiting manager:
Job description attachment 1
Job description attachment 2
17/07/2020, 23:55 hours