Philippines nationals: WASH Cluster Emergency Coordination (Preparedness and Response)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
- Task 1: Support National Level WASH Sub-Cluster Coordination for Preparedness and Response
- Facilitation Support to DOH to Convene WASH Sub-Cluster Partners to Develop/Update Preparedness and Contingency Plans as needed.
- Technical and Information Management Support to DOH and WASH Sub-Cluster Partners to Implement Coordinated Rapid WASH Assessments in the Event of a Disaster/Emergency Situation.
- Facilitation and Technical Support to DOH and/or its Regional Offices to Convene National and/or Sub-National WASH Sub-Cluster Partners to Develop Emergency Response and Recovery Plans as needed.
- Coordination, Information Management, and Technical Support to Monitor the Implementation of WASH Emergency Response Plans, and to Disseminate Updates to Partners and Donors (Directly, and Through Inputs to UNICEF/OCHA/DOH SitReps).
- (Note: In the Event of a Large-Scale Emergency, Additional IM Capacity will be Put in Place to Support WASH Consultant).
- Extend Technical Support in the Facilitation of Evaluation and After-Action Reviews of WASH Emergency Response Plans, as may Deemed Necessary by DOH and WASH Sub-Cluster Partners.
- Coordinate Plans and Inputs for Appeals and Reports with other Health Quad Sub-Cluster Coordinators and UNICEF Focal Points (Health, Nutrition, MHPSS), and as needed with the Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Shelter, Education, and Protection (including Child Protection) Clusters, and with OCHA, the Inter-Cluster Coordination Group (ICCG), and the Philippines Humanitarian Country Team.
- Contribute to UNICEF’s Emergency Planning, Appeals, SitReps and Donor Reports as needed.
- Task 2: Provide Technical and Coordination Support to Develop and Implement Annual WASH Sub-Cluster Operational Plans
- With the Support of the WASH Specialist, Support Engagement with DOH and WASH Sub-Cluster Partners to Develop and Ensure Implementation, Evaluation and Revision of a Rolling Annual Operational Plan in line with the National WASH Sub-Cluster Strategic Plan (2019-2022).
- Provide Technical Support to update WASH Cluster Training Materials in line with the New WASH in Emergencies Policy and Guidelines.
- Work with HEMB and DPCB to Develop a Strategic Plan specifically for Strengthening DOH Leadership and Capacities for WASH Sub-Cluster Coordination and Information Management.
- Provide Facilitation Support for WASH Sub-Cluster Orientations and Trainings (to be Organized in Coordination with DOH, DILG, Subnational Government Agencies and WASH Sub-Cluster Partners).
- Task 1
- Monthly Report, Supported with copies of:
- Cluster Coordination Meetings.
- Finalized Plans as relevant.
- Consolidated Rapid Assessment Findings and Analysis.
- Updated 4Ws, with Analysis of Priority Needs/Gaps in the response.
- Monthly Report, Supported with copies of:
- (In the Event of an Emergency, the Reporting on Assessment Results and 4Ws Analysis will be More Frequent depending on the Scale of the Event/Response – this would not affect the payment schedule).
- Task 2
- Quarterly reports, including:
- Minutes of Quarterly WASH Cluster SAG Meetings.
- Updates to WASH Section Chief and WASH Specialist on Status of Operational Plan Activities.
- Training Activities Undertaken.
- Annual Review/Updating of Operation Plan.
- Quarterly reports, including:
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Master’s degree related to: Environmental Health, Public Health, Social and Behavior Change, and other Health Related Courses
- Minimum of 5 years relevant WASH Sector experience, including emergency WASH;
- Knowledge and experience of national WASH, Health and DRRM policies programming and tools;
- Experience of coordinating / working with Department of Health, at national or sub-national level (including in emergencies);
- Training / capacity development experience;
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Skills to build strong interpersonal and teamwork relations.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 16 July 2020. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 530998 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a COVER LETTER, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors.
This Engagement will be Deliverables-Based. The Consultant will be Expected to Have Good Connectivity and Wifi Coverage. The Work will be mostly Virtual Meetings and Home-Based. arrangements. Any Travel when the Quarantine is Lifted will be Expected to Start Immediately. The Contract can be Terminated Giving Notice or if there is a Government Decree that
Limits any Work to be Done Under Certain Areas or Topics.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference and considering all factors. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”
Opening Date Wed Jul 01 2020 21:00:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Singapore Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Jul 16 2020 11:55:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time