Australia nationals: Senior Wetlands and Rivers Conservation Officer
Job Title: Senior Wetlands and Rivers Conservation Officer
Job Grade / Classification: Environment Officer Class 11
Employment Type: FT - Ongoing
Location: Dubbo, Armidale, Moree, Narrabri, Orange by negotiation
About the Role:
As the Senior Wetlands and Rivers Conservation Officer you will be responsible for the development and implementation of environmental water programs, management of water delivery partnerships and stakeholders, monitoring and reporting on environmental outcomes consistent with NSW water management legislation, intergovernmental agreements and organisation policies, processes and procedures.
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have:
- Experience in understanding stakeholder needs and managing positive outcomes
- Strong technical knowledge in water management
- A willingness and capacity to undertake remote fieldwork in western NSW
- Experience in one or more aspects of monitoring of river and wetland health
- An Australian drivers licence
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in environmental water, river and wetland management, planning and policy including river, floodplain and wetland hydrology and ecology.
- Proven high level knowledge and understanding of current water, threatened species and biodiversity conservation frameworks, legislation and reforms impacting on rivers and wetlands conservation and management programming.
- Extensive project management experience including the delivery of environmental water conservation projects and in managing resources, prioritising competing demands and project evaluations.
- Experience negotiating successful resource management outcomes within and between groups representing diverse interests and demonstrated knowledge of the role and responsibility of the Environment, Energy and Science and other public authorities in water management.
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster brings together the functions from the former Planning & Environment and Industry Clusters.
Good to know:
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from Planning and Environment Cluster and other NSW Public Sector agencies over an 18-month period.
- Complete the online application
- Upload a current cover letter no more than 2 pages and Resume no more than 5 pages
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behavioural indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
Applications Close: 11:59 pm, 16 July 2020
Should you require further information about the role please contact;
Our commitment to diversity and flexibility:
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible.