Ecosystem Fund Coordinator
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for healthier world. We recognize the power people have, to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Cycles and Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet One Health a reality. Through what and how we source, we shape the world in which we operate and we build the future for Danone. With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) and we take a strategic approach to procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone.
A concrete example of our engagement is Danone Ecosystem Fund:
Danone Ecosystem Fund is an endowment fund of 100 million € created in 2009 that co-creates inclusive business solutions for the general interest through the professional empowerment of vulnerable stakeholders. It generates social, environmental & economic impacts within the value chain of Danone and foster inclusive growth for the broader community.
The Funds have financed more than 80 projects and have supported 58000 people and created 5000 jobs. It has been a laboratory on social innovation, implementing new business models. Bringing project to sustainability and scale.Over the years the team of the Fund has developed recognized expertise in inclusive business models, societal innovation, co creation and stakeholder’s engagement and management, as well as complex project management.
Reporting to the Ecosystem Sustainable Sourcing & Innovation Director, you will be part of the Ecosystem Fund team along with a communication manager, a finance manager, a legal manager and 2 other regional coordinators.
About the job
- Lead and manage inclusive projects portfolio around sourcing, inclusive recycling, watershed protection and health topics, from the project case elaboration, through its different maturity stages and until its hand over.
- Ensure the dual objective of projects: serving the business and ensuring social/environmental impact
- Interacting within the Cycle & Procurement global team and within the regional sustainability and Marketing teams to support inclusive growth and Danone 2030 ambitions.
- Ensuring the coaching of the projects, co-creation with the partners and representing the fund at the steering committees with Danone and GM partners.
- Ensuring the impact of the project on the business through the achievement of the business objectives, its communication and connection to the brands
- Ensuring the impact of the projects on the communities and environment.
- Build and develop a strong network around your projects and the Fund
- Working closely with leading social organizations & institutions
- Developing network community around Inclusive Recycling
- Capturing and formalizing knowledge on inclusive business model and creating the proper tools/platforms to disseminate it
- Build knowledge and ensure dissemination through collective intelligence.
- Contribute to transversal topics and new type of business models with the Ecosystem central team on Inclusive recycling (how to increase waste collection through waste pickers empowerment?) Regenerative Agriculture (how to best support farmers to transition to Regenerative Agriculture), etc.
- Contribute to the group events and communication
This role requires up to 30% of traveling, mostly in Europe
What we offer :
- An opportunity to have a strong impact on communities and environment through long lasting projects
- A challenging role to gather Business objectives and Social/Environmental goals
- The chance to play your part in the change: Together we are building a more inclusive economy!
- Master degree or equivalent in Engineering, Procurement or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in project management either in MNC or in international organizations
- Experience in food industry with exposure to upstream value chain and/or operations
- Strong operational background
- Knowledge in agriculture and/or circular economy
- Organization skills and rigor to lead multiple projects, as well as flexibility and adaptability to manage their uniqueness
- Excellent communication and listening skills to work with a large variety of stakeholders
- Relationship and mediation capabilities
- Constructive mindset and openness
- Fluent in French and English