Catchment Partnership (CaBA) Development Officer
Salary band: £23,000 to £30,000
Flexible working potential
Full time – 35 hours a week fixed Term Contract although Part Time applicants will also be considered
We are recruiting enthusiastic and committed individual as river Catchment Partnership Development Officers to help deliver integrated improvements for rivers, wildlife and people across and the River Thames from Wallingford to west Essex. The successful application will sit in a team of 3, hosting or co-hosting 9 catchment partnership, based within the wider Improving Rivers team. This post provide an exciting opportunity to develop Thames21’s role as a Rivers Trust to bring together the delivery of the Catchment Based Approach (CaBA) partnerships hosted by Thames21. Building resilience for future generations in our capital city, this posts will inspire and help to deliver real on-the-ground environmental improvements, working closely with partners across all sectors to meet sustainability goals for green-blue corridors and to benefit local communities.
Applicants should have:
- Relevant academic or professional qualifications in river or other environmental sciences and/or environmental governance is highly desirable
- Experience of Community Engagement and development of stakeholder groups
- Experience of river restoration or other environmental Project Development leading to delivery
- Experience of knowledge exchange and identifying common ground to bring diverse interests together; in a way of working that is catchment wide, cross boundary with multiple organisations.
- Relevant experience of completing funding applications
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and retain up-to-date knowledge of Thames21, its projects and programmes
- Excellent presentation, administrative & organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and IT skills
- Working understanding of GIS
In return we offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave are available plus public holidays. In addition, the Thames21 office is closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Thames21 operate a flexitime system of working
- Interest free season ticket loan or bike loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Mobile phone for company use
- Work Place Pension Scheme
Closing date for completed application forms: Monday 19th July 2020 mid-day
Interviews will be conducted on: 28th, 29th and 30th July 2020.
Please use the links below for a full Job Description and our application form
Completed applications should be sent to by email to: