Texas Region Federal Water Resources Program / Project Manager
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Over the last year we served more than 17,000 clients in 400 offices worldwide and are expanding our presence in the Houston and Galveston areas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, client facing Program/Project Manager to expand our federal services within the Texas water market. Tetra Tech is currently engaged in several high profile programs and projects related to the FEMA-funded Hurricane Recovery efforts, as well as complex USACE flood risk reduction projects where we are currently working closely with local sponsors such as the Government Land Office (GLO), Texas Department of Transportation, and other local government agencies. Tetra Tech is a leading provider for the USACE Civil Works program, and maintains prime contracts throughout the nation, including national contracts in support of the dam and levee safety program and research programs for the Institute of Water Resources. Our team is currently working on large scale, innovative solutions for the coastal protection program and we expect additional exciting opportunities will be captured as we serve the needs of Texas in the coming months and years ahead. We are looking for an experienced Program /Project Manager that can help lead the delivery of our current federal water resource program, leverage our national reputation and expertise, and further grow our Texas federal water market share.
- As our Texas based USACE Client Account Manager, provide program and project management for federal, state and local government funded projects tied to the USACE flood risk reduction program. Working in partnership with the corporate and business unit marketing and business development departments, develop strategic market growth plans to increase revenue in the federal water resources market.
- Assist with hiring and supervising additional key technical staff to support the growing program. When appropriate, access technical resources in other parts of the company to provide the bench strength needed for successful project execution.
- Manage flood risk and stormwater resource projects which includes oversight of the project execution as well as day-to-day project management for key, strategic projects. Financial management of the program is critical, ensuring key deadlines are met and top-quality products are delivered to our clients.
- Provide technical leadership in strategic planning, engineering and design of complex and resilient flood risk management projects, flood mitigation projects following disasters, ecosystem restoration, sustainable and resilient infrastructure design, green infrastructure (GI), and stormwater best management practice (BMP) design. This requires the ability to conceptualize and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Responsible for ultimate client satisfaction and repeat business opportunities and will work with other managers and experts to market current clients and develop, identify, and attract new clients and recruit high-quality staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline required.
- PE license in Texas.
- 10 to 15 years of engineering experience, including management of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with a range of federal (USACE, FEMA), state (GLO, TXDOT), and local (City of Houston, HCFCD) agencies in the Houston area and a working knowledge of their mission and policies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Flexibility in supporting a variety of roles that range from Operations Manager, Project Manager, and Client Manager.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, and make independent decisions that promote/advance the company goals and objectives.
- Strong client communication skills (written and oral), and ability to inspire and motivate multi-disciplinary technical staff.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.