WASH and Rehabilitation Officer
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
The WASH and Rehabilitation Engineer will be incharge of
- Program Management.
- Supervising project implementation.
- Identifying new actions and evaluating past interventions
for more information about our work in Syria please go to https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Key activities in your role will include
- Ensure a project is implemented according to the schedule, budget, local & international standards and the WASH & Rehabilitation objectives.
- Work closely with other Action Against Hunger sectors and integrate WASH and Rehabilitation program components to the extent possible.
- Participate in information sharing in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with other project officers in Damascus.
- Monitor and evaluate appropriate implementation of projects.
- Monitor materials, equipment and supplies related to WASH and Rehabilitation activities.
- Supervise and oversee implementation and coordination of activity plans for the ongoing projects particularly on water trucking, minor maintenance & rehabilitation of water & sanitation infrastructures.
- Recommend a capacity building/development plan for DoW staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Management of Action Against Hunger staff under his/her management and contribute to their capacity building.
- Field visits when needed.
- Propose innovative interventions to improve water and sanitation conditions of the targeted population.
- Supervise current and past interventions to ensure the quality of the works delivered by Action Against Hunger in the field.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Engineers Degree, Experience as engineer in private or public institution is an asset.
- Advanced M&E tools and methodologies.
- Protection and gender knowledge in project formulation, implementation and monitoring.
- Advanced WASH needs assessments and data analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management.
- Experience in implementing WASH interventions for at least 1 year.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field (at least 1 year).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office mandatory, Knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS)
- Mobility (national/ international)
Our remuneration package:
As per Syria Mission Salary Scale.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.