Program Management Lead (Resources, Water & Logistics)
- Opportunity for a strategic leadership role in a global consultancy
- Flexible work options
- Permanent role based in Melbourne and working actively with the national team
What are we looking for?
Arcadis has an opportunity for an experienced Program Manager to join our team. Working as part of our established Melbourne based Program and Project Management unit, this role will focus on managing and providing the team with leadership and technical guidance on program and project management, while working closely with established networks in Victoria to acquire and develop new business opportunities. As such, the ability to negotiate, network and communicate well on industry-specific matters is vital, and at least 10+ years senior industry experience with all aspects of project management including experience throughout the project lifecycle is essential.
The ideal candidate will be naturally proficient at forming enduring relationships and transforming these into genuine commercial opportunities. Evidence of this capability along with appropriate qualifications and experience is a must, as is demonstrated experience in Ports, logistics or resources within the Victorian market.
As the chosen candidate, you will be working with a dynamic and proactive team at the forefront of project management to strengthen Arcadis' market position with key clients. The importance of the role means there is a competitive remuneration package on offer and you will be working with some of the most respected technical staff in the industry while improving your own foothold as a technical expert and a business development professional. The role will be instrumental in delivering our Program Management business strategy and will actively interface with our diverse business teams.
Your role will include:
- Managing and providing the team with leadership and technical guidance on program and project management;
- Using your well-developed commercial skills, and sound knowledge of these fast paced industries to cultivate and develop new business opportunities;
- Ability to negotiate, network and communicate well on industry-specific matters;
- Provision of leadership and direction to client programs and client welfare across your clients;
- Championing cultural change within the team, engaging a broader internal community in actively identifying and supporting major cross-discipline pursuits;
- Be accountable for the delivery of assigned projects – on time and on budget to meet our clients’ needs;
- Manage the selection and securing of bid and project partners for major pursuits;
- Drive best practice performance in the execution of projects and resourcing of pursuits and bids; and
- Develop and drive strategies for successfully entering new markets in line with Arcadis strategy.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Recognition as a project or program manager with well-established industry networks;
- Qualifications in Engineering, Project Management or equivalent;
- Experience in developing and maintaining relevant client networks in the Resources, Ports and/or Logistics sectors primarily within Victoria;
- A business development focus to be able to identify and pursue opportunities that will help grow the business;
- Experience in leading the pursuit and delivery of major projects from concept to delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills; and
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Who are we?
Arcadis is the leading design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets with a passion to improve the quality of life and be recognised as the best. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 27,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
With skilled and talented people on-board, we provide major companies and governments around the world with groundbreaking design, consultancy, engineering, business advisory, architecture, cost and commercial, and project management expertise.
Why work for us?
We are an award-winning company that offers all Arcadians flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2018 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2019 Great Place to Work certified employer
- 2017 Flex Able certified employer
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply: www.arcadis.com/applynow