National Drinking Water Market Sector Leader
The National Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Vice President, National Drinking Water Market Sector Leader to drive the growth, strategy and sale of AECOM’s services to a designated market sector, which may include specific end markets and customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the leader of AECOM’s business development activities in a defined major metropolitan or geographic area, in coordination with the region executive, region business line leader, market sector leads, and district general manager(s).
- Is responsible for establishing AECOM as the leading provider of professional technical services across all AECOM business lines in the area.
- Executes the overall strategy for growth in a major metropolitan or geographic area.
- Has significant prior business experience in municipal, provincial, state or intergovernmental agency sales and/or working with elected officials to establish business and achieve project goals.
- Has extensive knowledge of the business and product offerings to support cross-discipline/business line/region collaboration.
- Develop marketing strategies/plans, anticipates opportunities, and identifies market trends
- Anticipate opportunities and trends in the business line, market sector and in adjacent market sectors
- May direct market research in the municipal drinking water end market
- Works with other business line and market sector leaders at the district, region or geography level to ensure strategic business growth
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with clients, teaming partners, industry groups and stakeholders linked to the market sector
- Serve as an ambassador for AECOM in the business line and market sector
- Development and approval of major pursuits and provides oversight of capture plans that conform to the business development strategy and technical capabilities
- Draw in technical expertise from across the organization to support pursuits
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions, manages achievement of cost of sales, gross margin, backlog, and other related financial and business goals
- Support the identification and mitigation of risks and commercial terms during the pursuit process
- Continuously interacts with clients assuring satisfaction with AECOM services and interacting with project delivery personnel to ensure any service issues are identified and addressed in a proactive manner
- Responsible for managing and developing employees in accordance with AECOM core values and performance management competencies, including managing talent and proactively supporting the performance management process
- Reinforce collaboration and team building, ensures client focus, demonstrates commitment to excellence and innovation, and motivates others to ensure positive morale and engagement.
- Ensure that AECOM programs such as Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Ethics & Compliance are an overriding part of the organizational culture.
- Provide input on BD expenditures and priorities based on market trends
- Coordinate with Technical Practice to align skills with market trends and to drive strategic technical leadership hires
- Coordinate with Area Business Unit Managers and Area Market Sector leaders to establish growth strategy and drive growth
- Continuously build a strong professional network through personal contacts, conference planning and strategy development, WEF/IWA committee participation etc.
- Primary: Pipeline health [quality/quantity and near/long term], Sales, NSR, bookings, book-to-burn, backlog growth
- Other : SNB conversion, gross margin, market share, BD ROI, client satisfaction, industry leadership
- Bachelor's Degree + EXTENSIVE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 6 years of leadership
- Master's (MS) or Doctrine (PhD) in Engineering. Civil or Chemical preferred
- 20+ years Drinking Water industry experience
- Strong background in Business Development
- Extensive knowledge of NA municipal water market
- Ability to broad scan other water related end markets and to assist in strategy development
- Agile response to fast paced, complex work environment and organizational change
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Development
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 237867BR
Clearance Required No