Technical Specialists (Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity)
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for various potential Technical Specialist positions on a USAID-funded program based in Kazakhstan with a regional focus on Central Asia. The Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity seeks to strengthen regional cooperation on shared water resources and address current and emerging challenges to promote stability, economic prosperity, and healthy ecosystems in Central Asia.
This activity will focus on delivering objectives that address strengthening educational institutions within the integrated water resource management/water/energy/agriculture nexus in the region, enhancing national and regional initiatives that focus on transboundary water cooperation and allocation through a common economic cost/benefit lens, and addressing selected emerging, regional, and national environmental challenges present in some or all Central Asian countries.
The Technical Specialists will provide technical and management support to activities within their field of expertise to achieve project outcomes. Positions may be for long-term project staff or opportunities for short-term technical assignments, and may be based in Almaty, Kazakhstan or other project countries (i.e., Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan) as determined by project needs.
Tetra Tech seeks candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
* Integrated water resource management
* Transboundary water resource planning and management
* Water governance and conflict resolution
* Data analysis and information management for the water sector (e.g., river basin modelling, decision-support systems)
* Water-saving technologies in support of improved agricultural and/or energy practices
* Legal and regulatory frameworks for water management in Central Asia
* Adaptation planning and resilience
* Environmental mitigation and management
* Integrated natural resource management in Central Asia including biodiversity, wetlands, and wildlife protection
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree related to the solicited areas of specialization (above), advanced degree is a plus;
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience;
* Demonstrated experience providing technical input or advisory services in one or more countries of project implementation (i.e., Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan);
* Professional proficiency in English and/or Russian.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.