Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
JOB TITLE: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
REPORTS TO: Cap-Net Director/Head of Section
GRADE: E/Senior Associate
LOCATION: Home based or GWPO/Cap-Net Secretariat, Stockholm, Sweden
START DATE: Mid-August 2020 (1 or 2-year contract)
Cap-Net is a global capacity development network for sustainable water management. The Cap-Net mechanism aims to ensure enhanced individual and institutional knowledge and capacities for sustainable water management at local and regional levels. Currently composed of 23 affiliated regional and country level capacity development networks with over 1000-member organizations in 120 countries, Cap-Net delivers training and education to water managers, professionals, and schools in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. www.cap-net.org.
As of April 2019, the Global Water Partnership Organisation (GWPO) became the Responsible Party (implementing agent) of Cap-Net, this has contributed to the successful administrative handover and business continuity of Cap-Net, and has substantively contributed to the development of joint educational and training products.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
This position supports the monitoring and evaluation, outcomes and impact mapping, and learning activities undertaken by Cap-Net, in creative monitoring and evaluation tasks, learning activities, and communication. As full-time member of the Cap-Net Global Secretariat, the position also supports regular activities, mainly in the design and preparation of courses and knowledge materials.
Specific duties include:
- Review and redesign existing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) frameworks: Identifying and applying suitable and innovative Monitoring and Evaluation tools; Continuous upgrading of tools and reporting templates, incorporating digital tools and databases for effectiveness, liaise with networks on timely implementation of M&E tools, and ensure the networks reports contain all necessary information for progress report preparation; sourcing and editing of stories on outcomes and impact;
- Establish a set of corporate indicators: Introduce performance indicators/success criteria, targets and milestones and contribute to the evaluation of the programme’s impact, monitoring the impact of the programme across institutions and organizations at local and regional levels, provide guidance and necessary assistance to networks in annual outcome and impact reporting, and prepare detailed outcomes and impacts reports;
- Support Programme Reporting: Programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting, including contributing to the progress reporting to partners and donors, results, reports on progress vs. planned delivery, highlighting any major deviations, which provides required inputs to the detailed annual progress reports, business plan and strategies, outcomes and impact monitoring reports of high-quality standard;
- Facilitate setting of organisational targets and milestones along with support to broader programme planning: Support regular activities of the Cap-Net annual work plans, mainly in the design and preparation of courses, knowledge materials, meetings;
- Support membership management: Through the digitalization of databases. Support in ensuring up to date information and databases on network memberships, network functioning and their progress, including specific activities (trainings, participant lists, partners, facilitators, activity evaluations). Suggest mechanisms and examples of online digital databases, survey instruments, and online reporting templates to be considered and adopted for increased efficiency and rapid and ease access to information. Work together with the IT persons to prepare procurement documents to outsource for availability of these services when considered appropriate.
- Develop M&E capacity across the network: Conduct capacity development on programme management and M&E. Provide coaching and on-the-job-training of project development cycle, M&E, Results Based Management.
- Seek alignment with the M&E system of GWP: Work closely with the Global Water Partnership M&E team to increase alignment between the two M&E systems thereby enhancing reporting efficiencies and increasing the understanding of how the results of the two organisations complement one another
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree required and preferably with a related Masters degree with at least 4 years' experience in M&E related to human and environmental development, outcomes and impact mapping or related field.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience and skills in M&E systems, elaboration of graphics, design of infographics, high quality data analysis and data presentations,
- Ability to write well in English. Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience with online surveys, databases e.g. Survey Monkey
- Professionalism: Service-oriented work style, with strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively and harmoniously at all levels. Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate interest, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Output and highly autonomous orientation: capacity to work remotely with a high degree of autonomy and follow precise expected outputs.
- Planning and Organizing: Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time and to deliver towards deadlines. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
- E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online to information gaps is essential.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility. Ability to “lead from behind” and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high-quality products.
- Language: Excellent command of written and spoken English. Languages other than English – UN Official language – can be helpful but not required.
- Personal: A sense of humor. Love for nature, its beauty, and its resources. Willingness to 'get the job done’ with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks. Available for travel.
- Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply.
- GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies and agile decision-making, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.
- The position, while new with GWP, is expected to be a long-term assignment and part of the core team. The contract is initially offered for 1-2 years for administrative reasons.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Applications are accepted only in English and only through the online application system: https://gwp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32 NOT via e-mail.
- Maximum 2-page CV and 1-page cover letter a must.
Deadline: 09 July 2020 - midnight Stockholm time