Entry Level Water Resource Engineer
AECOM is seeking an Entry Level Water Resource Engineer to be based in Dallas, TX.
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM’s social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
This position is expected to begin in July 2020.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Processing FEMA (Conditional) Letter of Map Revision (MT-2s) requests and complete MT-2 workflow processes in MIP.
- Creating additional data letters as needed, determination or comment documents and LOMR attachments, and any other associated MT-2 documents.
- Ensuring that the quality of work meets FEMA requirements, all regulatory and project deadlines are met and pertinent sections of NFIP regulations are followed during the processing of MT-2 requests
- Coordinating with MT-2 requesters, communities, and other pertinent entities such as federal agencies as needed for processing MT-2 requests
- Assisting MT-2 Manager with other tasks as needed including responding to congressional inquiries
- Review submitted flood insurance revisions and evaluate submitted engineering hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses to ensure that the analyses are technically accurate and that the revisions comply with FEMA National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) regulations. The applicant will act as a technical liaison to FEMA, state and local governments, and to other engineers and/or property owners who submitted the engineering H&H analyses.
- Develop and complete new H&H analyses. The H&H analyses will be completed to conform to FEMA NFIP guidelines and specifications. Floodplain mapping will be completed using the results from the hydraulic analyses along with digital terrain data. These tasks will involve the use of various H&H engineering software as well as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software. Engineering databases, reports, and work maps will be developed and completed by the applicant, under the supervision and direction of a registered professional engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline – Environmental Engineer / Water industry /experience
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic analyses utilizing industry software (e.g., ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS)
- Ideal candidates will have a strong background in hydrology and hydraulic analysis and experience using GIS systems, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Water - Wastewater
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 237870BR
Clearance Required No