Director (Water Resources)
We are seeking a Director for our Water Resources Team with municipal stormwater engineering and project design expertise. This role will take the lead on a portfolio of unique and exciting projects to solve complex water resource problems and implement award winning projects.
This role will have the unique opportunity to lead large and impactful projects with strategic clients including several large On Call contracts with the City of San Diego, Los Angeles County, and the City of Los Angeles. The projects offer experience into various markets allowing you to take a prominent leadership position managing teams. These projects also offer the opportunity to develop your creative worth as you engineer solutions to the community’s highly-visible stormwater issues. The portfolio of projects are in the areas of green infrastructure (GI or LID), hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analysis, water quantity and quality analysis, and watershed management. This position can be flexible to sit out of any of the Los Angeles region offices.
More About This Role
This is an engaging and high impact position in which your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Project and Program Management – Manage teams of engineers and scientists to strategically vision and deliver innovative solutions. Creatively manage project constraints of scope, schedule, and budget on large, complex and impactful projects. This includes supervising, planning, designing, prioritizing and providing PM expertise for projects focused on stormwater quality, GI and LID. Provide exceptional quality assurance and quality control on client deliverables.
- Technical Project Lead – Lead stormwater infrastructure design development, ensuring design disciplines work collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively and meet regulatory requirements. You will take a leadership role prepare feasibility studies, design plans, specifications, cost estimates, technical documents, and contracts.
- Business Development – Capitalize on our substantial existing on-call contracts with several major Southern California clients to identify and target opportunities. This includes building internal and external teams that can effectively compete, win, and perform work. Participate in strategic marketing discussions and lead proposal development.
- Manage Teams – Build and manage project teams and mentor mid-level and/or junior engineers and scientists.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred) in Civil, Environmental Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Registered PE in California.
- 10-15+ years of progressive experience conducting feasibility studies (concept through implementation) and analysis of stormwater/water resources projects for municipalities within CA and nationwide.
- Experience as Engineer of Record for the construction of stormwater/water resources projects.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers and designers in the preparation of construction, drawings, details, specifications, calculations, and engineers estimate of probable construction costs.
- Recent experience with the design of sustainable GI, including subsurface storage and infiltration, bioretention basins, bioswales, green streets, and constructed wetlands.
- Working knowledge of water quality regulations and the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) program.
- Direct experience working with MS4 jurisdictions in California or the Southwest region preferred, but not required.