Description: The GIS Technician will be responsible for tasks supporting a variety of initiatives related to water quality planning, monitoring, modeling, analysis, design, and permitting. The ideal applicant will have strong GIS and cartography skills and a working knowledge of Vermont water quality issues and stormwater management best practices and regulations.
- Creation, maintenance, and integration of spatial data into GIS databases
- GIS spatial analysis and data query
- Production of mapping products
- Writing of technical memorandums and reports
- Field work support may be required
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Intermediate proficiency in ArcGIS (including digitizing vectors, running geoprocessing tools, working with geodatabases, and creating map layouts) and strong cartography skills
- Understanding of general concepts related to hydrology, soils, water quality, water resources planning, and environmental statistics
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact with clients
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with ArcPro, QGIS, MapBox, Spatial Analyst, ModelBuilder, and ESRI StoryMaps
- Experience in geodata collection and data import to GIS applications
- Photoshop/Illustrator (or similar) program for cartography and layout creation
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Science, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Physical Geography, or related field from an accredited institution.
Compensation: Watershed Consulting offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience as well as excellent benefits and opportunities for professional development and advancement.
To apply: Please include a statement of interest, a resume, and examples of your cartographic skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Did you attach a cover letter, resume, and examples of your cartographic skills to this application?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19