Water Resources Intern
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in obtaining real work experience while exploring your interest and developing skills and competencies with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
What You'll Get To Do:
Tetra Tech is looking for a part-time Water Resources Intern join our San Diego office. You will work as a team member to support water resources projects of substantial variety and complexity, typically under the direct supervision of a Project Manager. This position will support federal, state, and municipal projects involving TMDL development, water quality assessment, watershed management and planning, watershed modeling, stormwater management, and water quality restoration planning. The desirable candidate will be someone who is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, communicative, and willing to learn new skills
More About This Role:
- Conduct research related to water resources studies including scientific, engineering, planning and policy topics
- Compile and compute a variety of data, and help to catalog and manage databases
- Analyze watershed and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Support watershed and water quality model setup
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Support water resources planning through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Background and academic coursework leading to a Master’s Degree in water resources, hydrology, aquatic ecology, environmental engineering, or a related field
- Familiarity or experience with fundamentals of watershed management and planning, hydrology, and water quality
- An ability to think critically to formulate and solve problems related to hydrology, water quality, and ecological processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to summarize and present scientific data and model outputs in concise, readable language and figures
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and ArcGIS
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.