Partner/Director, Natural Resources Consulting for the Power Sector (Director Level)
At ERM we are shaping a sustainable future with the world's leading organizations, including working as a partner with some of the leading utilities and emerging power companies to plan for, create/develop, and effectively/efficiently operate the traditional and renewable power generation and transmission assets.
ERM supports every stage of the business/asset life cycle including identifying and assessing sites and securing permits for new renewable and conventional power generation, transmission line development, transmission grid infrastructure, and other related capital project programs.
We are currently focused on expanding our team to further strengthen our organization’s ability to create and implement innovative solutions that translate to clear and measurable business value for our clients. Consistent with this focus, ERM seeks an experienced professional to join our firm as a key client-facing Natural Resource Assessment (NRA) and Impact Assessment /Planning (IAP) Senior Consultant and a Partner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
ERM’s Impact Assessment & Planning and Natural Resource Assessment service areas focus on supporting development of projects and operation of assets in the oil and gas, mining, and power sectors. Our goal is always the same: assisting our clients in achieving project success, from planning through construction and operation, while meeting expectations for assessment and management of impacts on environmental, social, health and cultural resources. By helping clients bring these issues into the project planning process early, we seek to help our clients meet environmental/social performance objectives, enable savings in capital and operating costs, and avoid significant approval and other delays.
We are looking for an established leader who combines strong consulting and business development skills with a solid technical foundation, and a track record of leading high performing teams to sell and deliver world-class services and outcomes. The primary focus areas for this this role will be to foster, expand and leverage a network of excellent client relationships with a focused set of large POWER industry organizations (including regulated utilities) consistent with our growth strategy and trajectory, to drive the continued growth of ERM’s business through recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and to further advance our reputation for supporting development of some of the world’s most challenging and complex projects. We will consider strong candidates in geographies where we have ERM office locations in North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh) or the Midwest (Minneapolis, Chicago).
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a leading global business-minded consulting firm. A career as an ERM Partner is unique and our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial rewards.
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- The opportunity to provide “leading insights” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- A platform to leverage ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
- Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the Power industry. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s Impact Assessment & Planning business across its broad portfolio of service offerings, both domestically and internationally, including:
- Environmental, social & health impact assessment
- Water resources assessment, monitoring and management
- Facility siting & permitting
- Land planning & design
- Biodiversity & ecosystem services (planning, monitoring and assessment)
- Social and economic services
- Cultural heritage
- Support and carry out ERM’s strategy of focusing on clients, understanding clients’ businesses and their needs, and delivering exceptional client value.
- Assist our clients in achieving project success, from planning through construction and operation (i.e., ensuring compliance), while meeting expectations for assessment, monitoring and management/mitigation of environmental, social, health and/or cultural resources impacts.
- Provide business value based on a strong understanding of clients’ needs, and raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant growth with ERM’s target power clients.
- Drive innovation within the sector to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants.
- Meet business health & safety performance standards, financial targets, overall project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal risk management and contractual requirements.
- BS/MS in environmental science, engineering or related field.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in either a consulting environment or working substantially with the Power/Renewables Sector, including substantial experience with traditional and/or renewable generation, transmission and distribution markets in NA.
- Recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- In-depth understanding of the power industry and the companies operating in this market, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Demonstrated understanding of the power regulatory environment, key regulatory agencies, and current and emerging issues.
- Business acumen to understand business risks and challenges, and to recognize opportunities to provide enterprise-wide solutions for clients.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales/programs.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!