Technical Director: Water Resources/ Stormwater
Our busy and growing team in Auckland is currently seeking an experienced Technical Director with at least 10 years’ experience with stormwater and water resource engineering to support us on current and upcoming projects.
As part of this role you will assist our clients in planning for smarter water systems by using a combination of science and engineering skills. We offer you all the benefits that come with working as part of a global consultancy, including a great team environment, travel opportunities and an opportunity to grow your career and skill with the best in the business.
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
As a Technical Director with a range of experience, you’ll be managing and leading on a number of hydrological, hydraulic and water quality projects.
Specifically, your duties will include -
• Quantitative analysis in support of design development and detailed concept drawings
• Working on stormwater and other water resource projects
• Conducting construction contract management, supervision and quality assurance
• Authoring technical reports within core expertise
• Project management including preparing work plans and resource schedules for projects
• Assisting with business development, proposal and tender submissions and actively participate as team member of a design team
• Developing practical and commercial solutions to problems and taking necessary action to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
• Making independent decisions on conventional work methods and procedures
• Managing client relationships, commercial and contractual agreements
To be successful you will display -
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science combined with circa 10 years’ experience
• Certified or working towards certification as a professional engineer
• A sound knowledge of hydrology, hydraulics, water sensitive design, and completing plans, specifications, cost estimates
• A sound knowledge in the preparation of stormwater management plans
• A working infield knowledge of stream geomorphology assessment and stream restoration and stabilisation modelling (optional)
• Proficiency in CAD and GIS (optional)
• An aptitude to incorporate digital engineering and best practice into your day to day work
To be successful, you will be committed to the highest standards of service, focused on strong client relationships and exceptional project outcomes.
We offer you all of the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There’s no time like present to make a change.
Mott MacDonald NZ is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients across New Zealand. We are wholly independent, employee owned company with strong local leadership and autonomy.
Our successes over the past years has seen us take significant roles on a range of NZ landmark and country shaping projects including:
• Auckland Airport Terminal Development Plan
• Auckland City Rail Link
• Rosedale WWTP expansion
• Seascape Residential Tower, Auckland (tallest occupied tower under construction)