Chief Impact Officer
Blue Access LLC works at the intersection of water and capital. By collaborating with community members to understand local water issues, we invest in locally-driven solutions to ensure water security.
Blue Access currently seeks a full-time Chief Impact Officer to support our work on priority issues in water and social impact investing, including identifying and addressing water quality and access issues in underserved communities domestically and globally, and evaluating and investing in innovative financial approaches that are scalable.
The Chief Impact Officer will evaluate sustainable financial investment opportunities and analyze data, conduct financial due diligence on potential investments, and research and evaluate innovative technology and infrastructure solutions, to support BA's work for structural change in water security and financial investment in underserved communities. The CIO will develop shared, measurable goals to scale and leverage strategies and innovative technology for broad investment and social impact. The CIO will also be responsible for human resources administration at Blue Access, including onboarding, required employment filings, payroll, and administrative policy-setting and implementation. The CIO reports to the CEO. Candidates should show a strong proficiency in financial analysis, and a strong interest and experience in water security and environmental issues, environmental justice, and sustainable investing.
Specific Chief Impact Officer responsibilities include:
- Administer the investment process, including identifying and managing pipeline sources, evaluating opportunities, assisting in due diligence, and writing investment memoranda.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, NGOS, executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for partners, investors, advisory board; prepare and manage monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise BA's finance staff.
- Evaluate and implement "B Corp" certification.
- Engage the general business and financial principles of the organization to effectively lead, manage and align resources for top effectiveness, including creating financial statements and budgets, and analyzing the finances of potential investment initiatives.
- Manage the fiscal, administrative, and human resource aspects of Blue Access.
- Evaluate potential innovative technologies and financial models to promote structural change in approaches to water solutions and financing.
- Develop successful proposals as investment opportunities to promote programs and projects that advance Blue Access's impact priorities.
General Responsibilities include:
- Assist in creating strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the mission of Blue Access.
- Work collaboratively within BA to ensure that research, community outreach, partnerships, financial analyses, investments, and messaging are strategically aligned, to position BA as the thought leader around our mission, and to maximize resources to achieve measurable results.
- Address and manage complex issues to achieve Blue Access goals, including the ability to gather, interpret, and use relevant data to drive strategy development, make decisions, and drive results.
- Assist with operational planning and execution, establishing effective and efficient processes to align priorities with the organization’s goals, strategy and mission.
- Collaborate effectively within and outside the organization and support team members to do the same.
Candidates should exhibit the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in business, finance, engineering, science, social service/justice, public administration, or related joint programs or fields, 10+ years of supervisory and engagement experience in related fields, including financial analysis, formal meeting coordination, and management. Strong financial analysis skills are a must.
- Ability to understand the social, economic, environmental, and political landscape of Blue Access impact areas.
- Superior communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate with diverse social/economic audiences in groups and one-on-one; a perceptive listener; proven public speaking experience and excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and similar programs, and in social media platforms.
The position is available immediately and requires working remotely at least through September 1, 2020. Compensation will be set based on qualifications and experience. To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest, and your resume, to email@example.com
Blue Access is headquartered in New York City; more information can be found at our website: www.blueaccess.org.