Adaptation Expert, Washington DC, US ID #17699
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE***
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients’ toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client’s mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
For more company information, visit our site at
The Adaption Expert assists with and supports several portfolios, drafting reports and talking points related to climate change adaptation, for U.S. Government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the climate adaptation portfolio including the implementation of the Executive Order on Climate Resilience International Development; the adaptation pillar of the Brazil Climate Change Working Group, and of the Office’s disaster risk reduction equities.
- Provides support for certain aspects of the OES/EGC adaptation portfolio, including the U.S.- funded international climate adaptation networks and advising OES/EGC officials on funding proposals for multilateral climate adaptation funds.
- Assisting with regional bilateral portfolios, including the Small Island Developing States portfolio. Drafting reports and talking points related to climate change adaptation
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Able to possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly under time pressure in a large range of formats.
- He or she must have strong organizational skills and must pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadline. Ability to learn quickly the complex organizational structure of the Office of Global Change and its relationships with the Office of the Special Envoy for Climate change
Work will be performed primarily in a climate controlled office environment
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_suppleme...
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “ ” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.