WASH Innovation Project Manager
Type de contrat : CDM
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Détails de la fonction :
The WASH Innovation Project Manager:
- Oversees projects from design to delivery, coordinating the various internal (Field Project, Communication, Finance. Logistics etc.) and external (agencies, consortium partners, University, service providers, etc.) contributors.
- Draws on his expertise, big picture view and strategic recommendations based on state-of-the innovations.
- Leads workshops and minutes where he promotes solutions.
- Develops and cultivates internal and external innovation ecosystems. He manages the existing innovation networks.
- Proposes and manages research into new grant opportunities.
- Coordinates his projects from the definition of business need to the technical team.
- Writes all necessary specifications focusing on the Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects
- Is responsible for the methodology defined by the consortium, as well as for coordinating and managing schedules
- Can activate, if needed, the agile method if it is appropriate to the project.
- Is in charge of the capitalization of the innovation project
Responsabilités principales :
Together with its partners, Tdh has initiated 2 innovative projects related to the WASH sector:
Gravit’eau Project:: Tdh has co-invented with Eawag, and FHNW a mobile handwashing station with automatic water recycling system to deal with water shortages, potentially sav-ing thousands of lives if scaled up. Gravit`eau safely reduces water use to 5 ml/handwash without chemicals or electricity, and only needs refilling every 2-4 weeks. This project is run and tested in Nigeria and funded by Swiss Soli-darity.
Wash in a Box: As WaSH data are usually not digitized, data are not easily accessible for internal or external analysis. This poses various threats, ranging from insufficient availability of water, to health threats due to unsafe water being distributed. Developing a solution to tackle this scanty data collection will enable humanitarian organisations and local populations to significantly improve the availability of clean and safe water.
The Project Manager is in charge to supervise “Gravit’eau” and “Wash in a Box” projects and to coordi-nate consortium partners. Both projects are tested in Nigeria IDP’s camps.
- University degree in relevant field such as hydrology, hydraulic, geology, civil engineering, environmental engineering, project management
- Good Knowledge on the WaSH thematic
- Proven experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Project Manager for an International NGO
- Excellent knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Excellent oral and writing skills in both, French and English
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure.
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail.