Project Coordinator (Outreach, NDC Partnership)
In this role, you will provide administrative and operational support to the Head of the Bonn Office / Deputy Director of Country Engagement and Head of Outreach.You will play an important role in supporting the global membership, the development and maintenance of institutional relationships, and tracking the delivering of the Partnership’s programmatic roles. You will support a variety of operational and administrative activities, ranging from scheduling and travel support, to budget and contract management, program operations support, and recruitment. You will also work on special assignments from the NDCP Management Team in the Bonn office.
Support to the NDCP Management Team in the Bonn (40%):
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Management Team in Bonn, including but not limited to: manage daily calendar and schedule appointments, liaising with external contacts, making travel arrangements, securing visa requirements, assisting with expense report processing, making payments, taking phone calls, drafting correspondences;
- Liaise with the broader Support Unit (SU) to ensure that the Bonn Management Team has documents at hand such as talking points, presentations background materials when travelling or having high level appointments, executed in coordination with the Executive Assistant to the Global Director;
- Special projects in support of Management ‘s, fundraising and coordination needs, as assigned;
- Track performance of project deliverables and assist NDC Partnership Deputy Director of Country Engagement and support teams and partners to meet targets and objectives;
- Keeps timely and accurate information on donors and contacts for countries following Bonn MT meetings.
Support Unit Administration (30%):
- Support administrative activities related to UNFCCC secretariat liaison such as; grant management, contractual arrangements, office support executed in coordination with the NDCP Operations Manager;
- Support ongoing efforts to maintain and improve the NDCP’s administrative systems and processes;
- Ensure that SU processes, including job descriptions, onboarding, travel protocols, approval processes, etc. are well documented and that relevant materials are accessible to the team;
- Support on organizing NDCP internal events, including annual staff retreats; training sessions; bi-weekly all-staff meetings. Tasks include agenda development, liaising with team members in preparing sessions; and organizational logistics.
- Support arrangement of external meetings, ensure that accurate notes and action points are captured and summary reports are prepared and disseminated;
- Support the preparation of the Partnership’s Governance meetings three times a year, including document preparation, participant travel support and reporting, including coordinating travel logistics, processing of payments and real-time problem solving;
- Support Bonn-based technical events;
- Assist with UNFCCC recruiting activities, to include reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, and manage new staff and intern onboarding and training.
Education & Experience
- Academic degree in international public policy, environmental resource management, administration, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of full time, relevant professional experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience as a program coordinator, special assistant, executive assistant or related positions is an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German;
- Experience working with multicultural teams is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), web-based communications (e.g., Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.), and the Internet;
- Work permit in Germany;
- Highly organized, assertive and detail-oriented with a strong interest in program administration;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, organize and manage workload and projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work under pressure;
- Ability to be flexible and work independently or in a team environment;
- Able to set priorities and solve a range of problems independently;
- Professional and hands-on demeanour, superior people skills and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- International experience;
- Experience working with multicultural teams is an asset.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and CV. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered. Deadline for application 27 May 2020.
Following the landmark Paris Agreement, countries are implementing their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for climate action. The NDC Partnership is a coalition of countries and international institutions working together to ensure countries receive the technical assistance and financial support they need to achieve ambitious climate and sustainable development targets as fast and effectively as possible.
The Partnership aims to increase alignment, coordination, and access to resources to link needs to solutions.
- Technical Assistance and Capacity Building - We support governments in defining the processes, policies, and plans required to deliver mitigation and adaptation goals, alongside other development objectives.
- Knowledge and Information Sharing - We enable countries to learn from and support each other, turning local know-how into global action through knowledge tools, case studies, peer-to-peer exchanges, and other knowledge products.
- Access to Finance - We facilitate countries in aligning their NDC goals with financial resources.
We use a country-driven approach that helps governments set priorities and connect them to available resources across our membership.
The NDC Partnership Support Unit is a staff of approximately 32 individuals, jointly hosted by the World Resources Institute in Washington, DC, and the UNFCCC in Bonn, Germany.