Practice Leader (Hydrology / Water Resources - Western Canada)
We are looking for a Senior Hydrologist or Hydrotechnical Water Resource Engineer to join our team.
You will work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects across Canada and internationally. As a proven leader in hydrology and water resource management, you bring business development experience, senior technical expertise and regulatory knowledge to advance our client’s projects. You have demonstrated leadership, client engagement skills and an entrepreneurial spirit along with a keen interest in growing the business, leading teams, and mentoring and developing staff.
About the role:
- Contribute to a focused strategic initiative to grow water services in Western Canada and nationally.
- Develop and maintain key client relationships and contribute to the growth of the team and business.
- Provide senior technical leadership to a wide range projects requiring site-wide, local and regional scale water quality and supply planning, management and engineering in support of project design, permitting and environmental assessment.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams, including hydrogeologists, hydrologists, biologists, and engineers.
- Provide expert advice and senior technical review.
- Mentor and develop staff.
- 15+ years of experience in hydrology and water resource management
- P.Eng., P.Geo or equivalent professional designation
- Experience with mining, infrastructure, energy and municipal sector clients.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong self-direction abilities
- Strong belief and demonstrated experience in client satisfaction
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and training staff
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
Hemmera, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausenco, is a leading Canadian environmental consultancy valued for our expertise and boutique approach. With a reputation for integrity and technical excellence, Hemmera offers comprehensive environmental services in Water Resource Management, Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Planning and Ecology, and Human Environment.
By providing quality services to our clients, Hemmera has earned the opportunity to take on challenging projects, which allows us to continue to add to our roster of exceptional professionals, contribute to scientific and regulatory dialogue, and give back to the communities where we live and work. With primary office locations in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Whitehorse, and Toronto, we have established a strong project presence across Canada.