Australia nationals: Graduate Development Program
- Exciting ongoing, fulltime career opportunity
- Generous remuneration and employment conditions, including access to flexible working arrangements
- Adelaide, Albury/Wodonga, Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith, Mildura, Murray-Bridge or Toowoomba
Who are we
The Murray-Darling Basin Authority offers exciting work opportunities at the forefront the Australian Government’s water reform. The MDBA’s aim is to manage the Murray-Darling Basin’s water resources in the national interest.
The MDBA’s workforce is flexible, dynamic and responsive, with the capacity to respond quickly to emerging issues and rapid change. We are looking for high-achieving graduates with well-rounded skills who are keen to develop and become part of our team.
About the program
The MDBA offers a boutique training and development Graduate Development Program that exposes you to a broad variety of experiences. Graduates work with talented mentors at the forefront of innovative programs, ground-breaking research and policy development.
Each year, our program attracts high-achieving graduates in the fields of policy, engineering, environmental science, hydrology, social science, economics and law.
We are particularly interested in graduates qualified in:
- Natural Resource Management
- Environmental science
- Indigenous studies
- Social science, focusing on socio-economic planning
To be eligible for placement in MDBA’s Graduate Development Program you will:
- at a minimum, have completed an undergraduate degree in the last three years in a critical discipline – all degrees must be complete by 31 December 2020 and be recognised in Australia
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident actively seeking Australian citizenship and will have been granted citizenship by the commencement of the Program
- have achieved at least 65% average for completed units
- satisfy all other MDBA engagement requirements including health and character clearances.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability
This vacancy has been nominated for filling within the agency’s graduate program. A graduate program is a structured, on the job program, designed to introduce graduates to an APS organisation. Successful applicants receive training and development, mentoring and on-the-job support.
Graduates commence at the APS3 level ($60,861 per annum plus superannuation). On successful completion of the program graduates will have their performance assessed and may be advanced within the MDBA’s Graduate Broadband (APS4 – APS5), with a salary range of $67,970 - $83,992 plus super.
*Please note that salary rates may increase due to enterprise remuneration changes.