Ginninderra Catchment Group (GCG) requires a Catchment Coordinator to drive and implement the GCG strategy and manage the daily operations of the organisation, taking direction from the GCG Executive Committee.
Ginninderra Catchment Group
GCG’s mission is to ‘connect, support and lead local communities to maintain and improve the health of the Ginninderra Catchment and surrounding environments. GCG is both a community-based natural resource management organisation and a Landcare network, operating primarily in the north-west ACT Region. This community-driven organisation supports 19 Landcare Groups (including Parkcare, urban, rural, junior, and Aboriginal Landcare Groups) and coordinates numerous community engagement and landscape-scale restoration programs.
GCG facilitates citizen science and community education programs including; 1) the award-winning ACT and Region Frogwatch Program, which provides the only frog monitoring in the ACT Region and education to over 3,500 people annually and, 2) Ginninderra and Yass components of the well-regarded Upper Murrumbidgee Waterwatch Program, which works with the community to monitor, raise awareness, education, restore and protect waterways in the ACT Region.
GCG is an independent community-driven association governed by voluntary Executive Committee, comprised of skills-based individuals and Catchment representatives. GCG has 6 staff members who combined support over 500 volunteers. These staff include 1) Catchment Coordinator, 2) Project Officer that supports the Catchment Coordinator in coordinating priority programs and projects, 3) Communications Officer, 4) Waterwatch Coordinator, 4) ACT and Region Frogwatch Coordinator and 5) Financial Administrator.
GCG is one of three community Catchment Groups is the ACT. It has strong partnerships with local, regional and national bodies. Current GCG priority program areas include: community environmental stewardship, citizen science, improved condition of priority ecosystems (particularly grasslands), community education/engagement, Aboriginal land management, riparian restoration and sustainable agriculture.
The position: GCG Catchment Coordinator
This position is to manage the daily operations of the organisation. It is an ASO6 banded position, with a pro-rata pay rate to be applied by negotiation based on a full time salary of $91,055 to $101,743 per annum plus superannuation and travel costs.
- Part time up to 4 days per week subject to funding
- Appointment to 30 September and ongoing subject to review
- Manage organisational operations and ensure GCG meets contractual obligations
- Support, promote and represent GCG members
- Broker relationships with stakeholders and facilitate partner collaboration and liaison
- Provide leadership for GCG staff
- Support the GCG Executive and provide a conduit of information between staff and Executive
- With the treasurer, oversee the financial operations of the organisation
- Support and oversee GCG external communications
- Be responsible for the implementation of the GCG Strategy and supporting plans and strategies, with a focus on forwarding the 2020 priority program areas
- Other duties as required by Executive committee.
Please limit responses to 350 words per criterion
- High level of liaison, collaboration and coordination skills and ability to represent GCG in a range of fora
- Demonstrated experience in community-based environmental management
- An understanding of the environmental, social and institutional context of community environmental management and/or Catchment Management in the ACT
- Proven ability to collaboratively lead a small team
- Strong written communication skills, including ability to prepare documents for various audiences and purposes including reports, funding applications and briefs
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management or related discipline.
How to apply:
- For further information about the GCG go to https://ginninderralandcare.org.au
- For further information contact Sandy Lolicato 0429 943 717
Applications to include Resume, responses to above selection criteria and referee details. Cover letters are best addressed to GCG Convenor.
Applications close: COB on 1/6/2020.