Program Coordinator (Political Affairs)
The Program Coordinator is a key member of the Political Affairs team will be based in the St. Petersburg, FL office, which is scheduled to open in summer 2020. The position plays a critical supporting role in the development and execution of campaigns to advance priority goals of EDF’s Florida strategy. Independent judgement is important and required to plan, prioritize and organize workload within this busy program. Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to learn and implement workflow processes quickly and work well within a team. The Program Coordinator will report to the Florida Director.
- Attend, participate, and represent EDF in meetings with policymakers, advocacy coalition partners, with responsibility for documenting, identifying and tracking key takeaways and next steps, including research needs.
- Support and assist with managing of EDF’s Florida partnerships with nonprofit, corporate and other allies
- Synthesize issue research and policy analysis and draft/edit documents and other materials to support EDF’s advocacy agenda, strategic communications efforts, internal and external reporting requirements, and other purposes
- Manage Florida program’s databases, including tracking of all congressional meetings, donor engagements and program’s progress toward goals.
- Respond to requests for information and prepare correspondence as needed.
- Help to coordinate activities, events and projects.
- Coordinate administrative processes of the Florida office, including expense reporting and invoice processing.
- Administer contracts for consultants, including: assistance in writing/processing contracts and working with program staff/consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled and invoices are submitted and paid in a timely fashion.
- A minimum 3 years of experience work in community organizing, environmental policy and/or advocacy campaigns and a bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizations, build effective coalitions, and work within diverse communities.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Presence, confidence and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, together with a demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a self-starter.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.