Head of Water Stewardship
Aqua, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for Head of Water Stewardship Indonesia (ID) Jakarta Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
About the job :
Water is a critical resource for our business, at all points along our value chain from the farms to our manufacturing processes where water is used to ensure we meet the highest quality standard. We depend on water, and as such, we have a vested interest in conserving and protecting it thru comprehensive strategy is based on four water stewardship pillars:
- Reducing water in operations, we have had direct control over how water is used and decrease water intensity in factories by 60% from a year 2000 baseline.
- Protecting ecosystems; we strive to protect broader water ecosystems in the places where we operate, especially when these areas are water-stressed. One such area is Pasuruan, where the natural spring has under pressure. In response to this challenge, we have joined together with partners such as Danone Ecosysteme, ICRAF, The Nature Conservancy, SII and public authorities to put in place a water forum that helps mutualizes costs and strengthen water governance.
- Promoting sustainable agriculture, as it is the largest consumer of water in the watershed, responsible for nearly 70% of water use. One of example of our initiative, we are working to protect the water infiltration area around its Cianjur plant by collaborating with 700 smallholder farmers to promote organic farming.
- Increasing access to water for populations by helping to provide water access, sanitation and hygiene through several partnerships developed including International Organizations and with NGOs such as water.org, reaching close more than 165000 beneficiaries.
In this role, reporting to Director Sustainability, you will oversee developing, implementing and monitoring Danone Indonesia water stewardship strategies as described above. You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you will :
- Conceptualize, drive, and execute solutions of water resources challenges.
- Undertaking activities including: supporting the water stewardship acceleration plan; leading program planning, designing project business plan, implementing work plans; providing technical assistance with projects on the ground; assisting in day to day tasks related to program execution.
- Design and Lead water stewardship internal governance (Water Stewardship Committee) & SWAN process
- In support of the Head of Water Stewardship Program – undertake standard project management tasks as appropriate including drafting project concepts, leading socio-economic studies implementation, preparation of budgets and work plans, support the management and supervision of contracts with consultants and partners, as well as completing timely reports to Danone top management.
- Support the implementation of the Water Stewardship approach of the Danone Waters WBU, help advocate and promote collective actions in catchment governance, engage factory teams in water stewardship process, support monitoring of activities and build interest/incentives in improved water resources management
- Having regular connections with local and international NGO, communities, government agencies, influencers and key opinion leaders.
- Be responsible for communicating water stewardship strategy and plan, working with both internal and external stakeholders and bringing them to life. Capture and effectively communicate in-depth technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Build and develop a strong team and distribute the workload equitably.
- Spreading the importance of education and engaging the Indonesian public and to partner and view Danone Indonesia as a responsible and sustainable company.
- As part of Sustainability Leadership Team, you are part of the one who driving sustainable business model - as we believe that doing well and doing good goes hand in hand.
- You have minimum of 10 years of experience with significant water stewardship and sustainability experience. To be successful in this role, you would need to be:
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferable Masters’-level degree) in an appropriate field (environment/natural resource management/sustainability/economics/ business / political science)
- Excellent project management skills and proven initiative, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Accountability and a commitment to Danone’s vision & mission.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural context and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills in English – including writing, speaking and listening
- Proven leadership qualities with the ability to work collaboratively and influence key stakeholders and at various levels of the organization
- Expert relationship-building skills in all environments at all levels of the organization
- Passion to make a change, strong business acumen, including basic knowledge in finance, marketing and operations.
- Persistent and unwavering that we can create a better planet.
- Engage and inspire stakeholders, create movements.
- Be a great collaborator, ability to manage, empower and make grow different expert teams
- High sensitivity to sustainability, nature, social business matters
- Strong communication skills, Business acumen & collaborative mindset and attitude. Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to investigate and analyze complex data and generate new ideas and solutions to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
You Will Enjoy
- Significant contribution to positive impact on planet, people, communities and business.
- Real work experience in a multinational company with meaningful purpose, including being part of a B Corp company.
- An opportunity to be a part of a great culture, an awesome team, a challenging work environment, and some fun along the way.