Local recruitment: Head of Water Quality Control and Technical Support
Company: Teuk Saat 1001
Position: Head of Water Quality Control and Technical Support
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with frequent travel to and overnight stays in provinces
Report to: Executive director
Contract: Local contract - Full time job - starting as soon as possible. A long-term contract will be offered depending on performance with a 3-month probation period.
- Salary will be discussed during the interview, so monthly salary expectations should be included in the cover letter
- Extra month’s bonus
- Employee’s benefit under the Law of the Royal Government of Cambodia are fully provided
Closing date None, applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled.
ABOUT Teuk Saat 1001 and O-we drinking water
O-we is a brand of Teuk Saat 1001, a Cambodian registered NGO acting as a non-profit social enterprise that supports rural community to access to safe drinking water. O-we is provided across the country through small water treatment plants implemented in rural Cambodian villages, managed by local entrepreneurs, and supported by Teuk Saat 1001 services (technical, quality, supply, sales & marketing, etc.).
Today, Teuk Saat 1001 is operating around 240 water kiosks across the Kingdom of Cambodia, thus supplying safe drinking water to roughly 700,000 beneficiaries every day.
Teuk Saat 1001 has been established since 2007, and is the local partner of the French NGO "1001 Fontaines pour Demain" also active in Madagascar, Vietnam and Myanmar.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Water Quality Control and Technical Support will be attached to the executive director of Teuk Saat 1001.
He/She will directly and independently be in charge to identify and collect data regarding Teuk Saat activity related to safe drinking water production, provide relevant analysis in order to improve, develop and maintain technical excellency and innovation.
He/She will work in close collaboration with all operational departments to provide them with the adapted solution to deal with the challenge they face and reach 100% compliance to water quality standards, as defined in the Cambodian laws and regulations.
Monitoring and audit
The Head Of Water Quality and Technical Support will be in charge to develop monitoring tools, collect data and investigate water production and quality, in order to establish proper and continuous assessment of Teuk Saat‘s technical activities related to water production and quality.
The technical scope includes new site and water resource identification, facility construction, facility rehabilitation, water treatment system, entrepreneur training, operation and maintenance, technical assistance, drinking water quality and laboratory testing.
The objective being to identify the factors to be improved, and deliver root cause analysis, in order to establish operational proposal and action plan.
Technical advice, solution and tools
Based on the continuous activity of monitoring and assessment, the Head of Water Quality and Technical Support will elaborate practical solutions, procedures, standards, policies, tools, trainings, orientations, technical and financial benchmark, etc., to address all areas of improvement identified regarding the activity of water production.
The objective being to improve efficiency and professionalism, as well as enhancing site performance to maintain the quality and safety of O-we drinking water in a cost-effective manner, with the goal to reach 100% satisfactory results regarding Cambodian water quality standards and internal procedure of quality control.
Propose, develop and test specific R&D activities to support efficiency, accuracy, and modernization of all sectors related to water production and quality. This includes a strong participation in a vast project to develop a new version of Teuk Saat’s water kiosk, including IT development.
The objective being to support Teuk Saat 1001’s technical teams to maintain their leadership in the Cambodian safe drinking bottled water sector, and facilitate water production to support Teuk Saat’s entrepreneurs and their sales.
Propose, develop and lead the implementation of all activities dedicated to building the capacities of the technical teams engaged in safe drinking water production.
The objective being to improve Teuk Saat 1001’s operational standard in order to ensure best practices are successfully implemented and maintained.
QUALIFICATION and SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant engineering diploma in the field of WASH or science degree in the field of chemistry or biology;
- 8-12 years of international working experience, with proven field experience related to small scale water treatment system and drinking water production, including installation, operation and maintenance, in developing countries or in a humanitarian context;
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems;
- Additional expertise in technical fields such as IT, electronics, energetics, design and construction will be appreciated;
- Team management and capacity building project management experience will be considered as a strong asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English, with the ability to engage with different audiences to share and motivate individuals. Khmer language would be a plus;
- Proficient with Windows-based computer programs, with capabilities related to data management, statistics, Autocad design and GIS software;
- Problem solver, service oriented, resourceful, reliable, and able to work independently but in a participative manner and in a multi-cultural environment;
- Flexible and mobile;
- Live permanently in Phnom Penh, with regular travel and overnight stays in the provinces.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled.