Local recruitment: New PhATSS Toolkit Content Writer
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
- Task 1 – Content edit existing toolkit materials on PhATSS (119days)
- Task 2 – Identify and develop selected knowledge products on PhATSS (92days)
- Task 3 – Collaborate with a reference group and a creative team in the development of the PhATSS toolkit (20days)
- Task 1
- Review existing toolkit materials on PhATSS and provide recommendation on 1) options on packaging the toolkit, and, 2) priority knowledge products to address gaps in the toolkit (30days)
- Validate and gather missing information and/or data (10days)
- Submit first draft of selected edited toolkit materials (60days)
- Submit second draft for reference group review (10days)
- Submit final draft for lay-out (9days)
- Task 2
- Conduct field visits to document program strategies and/or interview key informants (20days)
- Develop and submit first draft of 4x knowledge products (40days)
- Submit second draft of 4x knowledge for reference group review (20days)
- Submit final draft of 4x knowledge products (12days) for layout
- Task 3
- Organize and co-facilitate 3x reference group meetings to review draft PhATSS toolkit (6days)
- Submit copy edited camera-ready versions of the PhATSS toolkit (14days)
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Master’s degree related to Environmental Health, Public Health, Social and Behavior Change, and other Health Related Courses.
- Knowledge in:
- Government Policies pertaining to WASH, Health, Nutrition and Gender.
- Existing Laws, Rules and Regulations on Water and Sanitation and its Implementation in the Philippines will be an advantage.
- Excellent Technical Writing Skills.
- Work Experience:
- Demonstrated Experience in Writing Technical Briefs, Guidance Notes and Process Documentation as Evidenced by Published or Unpublished Work.
- Implementing the Philippine Approach to Sustainable Sanitation (PhATSS); or a Component of the Program, is an advantage.
- Any of the Following: Social and Behavior Change Communication, Sanitation Marketing, Sanitation Financing, Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), and Septage Management.
- Community Development, Participatory Programming, and Local Governance.
- 7 Years Professional Experience in the Analysis, Design, Implementation and Monitoring of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Programs.
- Languages: Fluency in English and Local Language is desirable.
- Critical Competencies:
- Ability to Express Clearly and Concisely Ideas and Concepts Convincingly in Written and Oral Form.
- Anticipates and Responds to the Needs of an Audience, Adapting Content and Style to Suit Them.
- Demonstrates an Immediate Understanding of Newly Presented Information.
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- Produces and Delivers Quality Results in a Service-Oriented and in a Timely Manner.
- Ability to Plan, Coordinate and Manage Multiple Activities and Adjust to Changing Priorities
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 17 April 2020. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 530997 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a COVER LETTER, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors.
This Engagement will be Deliverables-Based. The Consultant will be Expected to Have Good Connectivity and Wifi Coverage. The Work will be mostly Virtual Meetings and Home-Based. arrangements. Any Travel when the Quarantine is Lifted will be Expected to Start Immediately. The Contract can be Terminated Giving Notice or if there is a Government Decree that
Limits any Work to be Done Under Certain Areas or Topics.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference and considering all factors. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”
Opening Date Fri Apr 03 2020 03:00:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time) Singapore Standard Time
Closing Date Fri Apr 17 2020 17:55:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)