Global Practice Manager (Non Revenue Water)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Role: This role is accountable for developing Xylem’s global approach for client engagement in the area of Non-Revenue Water Management. S/he will be responsible for creating an integrated strategy for dramatically improving the non-revenue water performance of client water transmission and distribution networks using the full range of Xylem’s smart water technologies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Develop Xylem’s holistic “CXO-ready” Integrated Non-Revenue Water Engineering framework.
- Understand client pain points related to non-revenue water (including both real and apparent losses)
- Map Xylem’s existing offerings to these pain points and develop an outcome-based framework for addressing them with Xylem solutions
- Establish client segments based on problem sets and define reference solution architectures and commercial approaches for each major client segment
Connect the Dots at Xylem
- Understand the full range of Xylem solutions that address this domain area
- Convene and engage a cross-Xylem Reference Group to develop shared technology roadmap, integrated solution architectures, standardized offerings and nomenclature
- Develop clear “rules of the road” for engagement to deconflict and align various strategies
- Define “sales and operations planning” processes and practices from inquiry to order to delivery aligned with stakeholder organization within Xylem
Develop Commercial Models for Delivering Solutions
- Develop a variety of commercial models for delivering solutions, including outcome-based pricing, gain-sharing, and programmatic / recurrent subscription pricing
- Develop pricing tools and models for use to price client programs
- Work with procurement advisor to develop standard approaches to accelerate procurement
Develop and Train
- Develop training materials and program to equip Solution Architects with the ability to understand client needs, Xylem solutions, and Digital Transformation's selling approach
- Act as trainer, mentor, coach for Solution Architects to equip them to achieve sales targets
Drive Growth and Share Gain in the Segment
- Spend time with clients opening up new opportunities and listening to voice of client
- Monitor competitor solutions and strategies to ensure Digital Transformation's solutions remain differentiated
- Act as industry thought leader, obtaining industry engagement and speaking opportunities to raise Digital Transformation's profile
- Deep insight into non-revenue water technology solutions
- Experience with outcome-based / performance-based contracts for NRW
- Consultative selling
- People development and Training
- Financial and Business model acumen
- Customer and Market Intelligence
- Market and Product Innovation
- Market Strategy and Planning
- Sales Enablement and Execution
- Data driven
- Cross Company Collaboration
- External: Influential customers and other relevant value chain players (consultants, contractors, etc), strategic advisors to the business, EPA and other gov’t entities, trade associations and participation in industry events
- Internal: Digital Transformation business team, product management/marketing/sales leaders across the company ensuring full Xylem offer is presented/communicated and delivered for customers, digital marketing execution teams.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA or master’s degree in related area preferred.
- 5-10+ years of related industry experience required.
- 5-10+ years of marketing experience required.
- Knowledge of the company’s industry and specific product knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of digital solution offerings, customer value creation, development of varied business models
- Previous budget responsibility preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Marketo, Salesforce.com, Digital Asset Management platforms, Workfront marketing workflow management.
- Clear working knowledge of effective communications channels required and proficiency in digital marketing.
- Office based position
- Standard weekly job hours: 40