Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Consultant
Our Climate Resilience and Sustainability team has people based in Cambridge and Reading and is responsible for developing and delivering projects across Europe. As a Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Consultant you will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of our climate resilience services.
This is an appointment with long-term career potential, working in a sector that is responding to the risks associated with climate change – currently identified as a significant global issue and a risk to economic development.
The Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Consultant will work as part of the Climate Resilience and Environmental Sustainability team to:
- Deliver and manage projects, contributing technical knowledge and expertise of climate impacts, climate adaptation and formulating resilience solutions;
- Analyse and interpret climate data and information sources;
- Contribute to or lead smaller proposals in the climate resilience and climate adaptation arena, to grow our existing work
- Support other teams within Mott MacDonald globally increase their awareness and capability in climate resilience
- Work with team members to raise Mott MacDonald’s profile externally
- Work with team members to maintain the profile of the team internally, working to identify and target internal clients as well as external
- Develop and share understanding of market opportunities in climate change Proactively pursue opportunities, maintaining good relations with relevant clients including infrastructure operators, international financial institutions and partner organisations and contributing to the preparation of proposals;
- Proactively contribute to our proposals for technical excellence in our response to climate change;
- Support sharing of knowledge and experience, both within the team as well as the wider Group;
- Work with junior colleagues to build their understanding and capabilities;
The Consultant will possess excellent inter-personal skills to engage with the team and clients, and good communication skills to deliver outputs to our clients and present at industry events as needed.
This role is to support the development of the climate resilience market and services in the EUNA region of Mott MacDonald, supported by our Global Climate Change and Carbon Practice.
- A Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Climate Studies or related field
- Some experience in the design, implementation and management of projects in the field of climate change adaptation and resilience.
- Experience in development of climate change strategies and adaptation policies, climate change risk assessments, capacity building of environment organisations
- Knowledge and experience of working with UK or European Government Departments, private sector clients and international development banks
- Sound commercial understanding and desire to operate within a dynamic commercial environment
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working and delivering as a team
- Clear, concise writing style and experience in proposal writing for specific audiences
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrated strong time-management skills
- Excellent organisational, motivational and management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse environment, with collaborative approach and working across sectoral and regional boundaries
What sets us apart is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams and company.
Our Climate Resilience and Environmental Sustainability team is based in the UK, working to deliver climate change adaptation, resilience and sustainable environmental solutions to a range of customers in the private and public sector.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here