U.S. nationals: Deputy Director, Integrated Information Dissemination (Water)
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is also advertised to USGS employees under: SAC-2020-0162.
Advertisement closing date extended to 04/10/20.
Learn more about this agency
As the Deputy Director of Integrated Information Dissemination Division (IIDD), Office of the Chief Operating Officer within the Water Mission area, some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as the deputy senior scientist and manager of the Integrated Information Dissemination Division (IIDD) with responsibility for oversight and leadership to best provide for the priority needs of the Water Mission Area.
- Modernize existing Water Mission Area (WMS) web content, develop new intelligent applications for mining WMA data and content, and develop novel decision support systems for aiding in emergency response and water resource management.
- Establishes and maintains contact with senior officials and technical leaders in the in the Water Mission Area (WMA), the USGS, and other federal, state, tribal, local and non-governmental agencies to provide counsel on a wide range of information services and dissemination activities and to promotes IIDD services.
- Assists the Division Director to formulate policies of operation to support the needs of the WMA, the USGS and other federal, state, tribal and local agencies by developing plans and programs to serve their need for web and other information products.
- As a supervisor, plans the work of the group, established work standards, provides job priorities, ensures timely performance and reviews and evaluates performance. Ensures equal employment opportunity and on-the-job safety.
- Ensures excellence in strategic and operational management of the Branch, including funding and finances, equipment, facilities and that projects are aligned with Bureau Fundamental Science.