Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist (Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity)
Winrock International is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded project that aims to strengthen regional cooperation on shared water resources and address current and emerging environmental challenges to promote stability, economic prosperity and healthy ecosystems in Central Asia. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist will implement the project MEL and develop systems to track overall project activities and outputs. The MEL Specialist will also contribute to the design and lead implementation of all project learning activities and is responsible for the quality of the data reported to the donor. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership for M&E to the project team to ensure USAID M&E requirements are met on timely basis and guides data collection, management of the data, and display of the results – based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs. This includes data analysis, reporting, and dissemination, building capacity of M&E and technical staff in these areas, and ensuring compliance.
- Develop efficient and accurate data collection and analysis system that includes efficient processes for collecting and analyzing data and ensuring data quality.
- Design and lead the implementation of the project’s Learning Agenda including census, surveys, case studies, focus groups and other tools to evaluate project impact, trends, and other learnings. Provide comprehensive analysis of learning outcomes to inform project interventions.
- Lead knowledge sharing activities within project, with USAID, other implementing partners, and with target countries’ governments.
- Lead the evaluation efforts of the project, from the design stage to findings sharing and use.
- Build the capacity of the project team in MEL.
- Participate in Winrock International’s Community of Practice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s level degree required, in social sciences, such as statistics, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience managing and implementing complex MEL systems for international development projects, preferably with USAID.
- Experience managing large M&E databases and conducting timely data analysis and developing reports. SQL database experience preferred.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience managing surveys required.
- Experience with capacity building in MEL required.
- Experience with mobile data collection strongly preferred.
- Experience with tools and approaches for monitoring watershed management required.
- Familiarity with USAID M&E requirements strongly preferred.
- Proven record of designing and implementing data collection tools including surveys.
• Fluency in English required. Fluency in Russian strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in word processing, database management, and presentation software (Microsoft).
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.