Technical/Team Leader (Sustainable Water in Tajikistan (SWIT))
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Technical/Team Leader position on a USAID funded program Tajikistan. The Sustainable Water in Tajikistan (SWIT) activity will provide a range of long- and short-term technical assistance, along with funding for small-scale construction and rehabilitation of drinking water systems, to support the Government of Tajikistan (GoT), specifically local governments, in providing sustainable drinking water services in unserved and under-served rural areas.
The Technical/Team Leader will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
* Provide technical expertise related to rehabilitation/construction of drinking water systems.
* Coordinate and manage contracts with local construction companies
* Work closely with COP and technical staff to achieve defined project results deliverables on schedule
* Work with local government administration and secure their financial and in-kind contributions to the construction/rehabilitation of water infrastructure
* Master’s degree or higher in engineering, finance, or other related field
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in water and wastewater infrastructure, economic growth, conservation of water resources, and public-private partnerships
* Minimum 3 years’ experience managing similar projects in developing countries, preferably Central Asia
* Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining contacts with government counterparts and private sector partners
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experience managing teams
* Experience incorporating gender equality and climate considerations into project activities
* Strong writing and oral presentation skills in English and Russian and/or Tajik
* Tajikistan nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.