Philippines nationals: WASH Engineer
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- The WASH Engineer position’s goal is to plan, implement and manage WASH infrastructure (constructions, rehab andrepairs) related activities in coordination and consultation with the head of project and designated technical coordinator;
- Ensure linkage, synergies and complementarity with other sectorial interventions, i.e, nutrition, psychosocial, Health, Food security and livelihood
- Ensure proper coordination, consultation and information sharing with local health structure, partners and stakeholders
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Emergency Response
- WASH Engineer should available anytime to response WASH emergency in
- Initial Rapid Assessment in affected areas
- Identify the emergency WASH needs and plan & implement the emergency WASH activities
- Coordination with camps, communities, and Government staff at field level
- Ensure the water testing done on time
- Daily reporting and updates of field activities
Objective 2: Programming
- Carry out or participate in Technical assessments at field level
- Conduct the sanitation marketing assessments
- Support to supervisors for conducting the feasibilities, design and Bill Of Quantity (BOQs) development
- Help and plan construction related activities in the assigned sites
- Implement and monitor day-to day activities according to BOQs and drawings in collaboration with the skilled and unskilled labour
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of construction for the assigned sites
- Ensure the quality and quantity of material at field as per BOQs and according to way bills
- Ensure completeness and quality of construction work base on the work plan and schedules
- Ensure the good respect of working conditions while in the field, especially the respect to Action Against Hunger Code of Conduct and standard operating procedures for the area of operation and safety rules on the construction site
- Issue and sign the work done certificates as per Action Against Hunger design
- Ensure safety procedures and rules are respected in the field by all workers
- Turn-over of WASH infrastructures to community-based committees such as BAWASA, WASH committee
- Conduct Capacity building for WASH Committee/BAWASA for the sustainability of built WASH facilities
- Collection and achieving of SoVs’ based on the activities, indicators and agreed format / tools and submit to WASH Program Manager
- Represent Action Against Hunger with different community stakeholders at field level
- Closely work with warehouse and logistic teams
- Maintain good communication with beneficiaries and partner organizations on the field
Objective 3: Reporting
- Report any damage of the Project / Project facility caused by natural or man-made calamity and properly record WASH related field implementation progress.
- Archiving project technical documents systematically to facilitate organizational level learning, memory and reporting.
- Consolidate annual technical reports of Action Against Hunger Project teams and of partners.
- Adhere to the Mission reporting system and submit on time reports requested.
Objective 4: Finance and Admin responsibilities
- Prepare the Daily workers payment sheet and payment documents for Workers/contractors as needed
- Support to line manager for timely submitting daily payments sheets
- Organize day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities
- Manage all related program equipment and materials in close consultation with the logistics/procurement officer. Maintain and ensure proper Project asset register
Objective 5: Security
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the Security Officer / Head of Project for any security issues relating to work
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to Base Operations Manager / Program Manager
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil and Sanitary) or other relevant fields
- Knowledge on WASH in Emergencies SPHERE minimum standards
- Implementation and management of rehabilitations and construction of the appropriate water and sanitation facilities, including development of architectural / engineering designs/plans, BoQs, maintenance and operations
- Familiarity with the governance of BAWAS, Water Districts and other water service providers
- Coordination with other WASH actors through the cluster system
- Use of participatory approaches to WASH planning and design with affected conflict affected communities
- Coordination and mobilization of conflict affected communities related to WASH issues and activities
- Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on the technical aspects of water and sanitation facilities
- At least two (2) years’ experience in construction of WASH facilities and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
- Proficient both in English and Filipino. Ability to communicate in Maranao, Cebuano or Chavacano is an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of MSOffice package (Excel/Outlook) and AutoCAD
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid and candidate's previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment.