Genesis is a New Zealand-owned energy company. We are proud of our strong links with customers and community stakeholders. We own and operate a portfolio of thermal and renewable generation assets across New Zealand. The spread of locations and fuel types in our portfolio gives us significant operating flexibility and our Power Stations are valuable assets for Genesis.
About the role:
Based at Tokaanu Power Station, we are on the look-out for an experienced Hydrology Technician to provide specialist knowledge and support of the Renewable Energy hydrology networks and associated equipment to ensure reliability and continuity of hydrological information.
This role is a combo of hands-on field work and detailed data analysis and reporting. You will predominantly be based at Tokaanu; however, travel will be required to other sites.
- Manage the reliability of the hydrology networks and their integration into key business systems.
- Prioritise and plan work packages to maximise availability, reliability, efficiency of plant and ensure compliance.
- Undertake investigations, roll-out, testing and implementation of new hydrology technologies, systems and processes.
- Manage the quality of hydrological data and database.
- Stay abreast with hydrology research and development, with a view of continuous improvements.
- 3 to 5 years' experience maintaining hydrometric sites, undertaking flow gauging's and maintaining flow ratings.
- Proven experience in the management and archiving of hydrological data.
- Experience using Hilltop or other hydrology time series data management software.
- Experience in maintenance, operation and commissioning of hydrology networks and associated systems.
- Hold or working towards a NZ Diploma in Field Hydrology.
- A full driver's licence.
Due to the uniqueness and complexity of our renewable schemes, this role is suited to a go-getter who is keen to learn and develop their skills. You will work with a small close-knit team, sharing the workload appropriately. You are a natural communicator, easily able to build rapport and deliver information concisely.
Working at Genesis means being part of a dynamic and diverse working environment. You'll work alongside committed and talented people and be encouraged to reach your full potential every day. We celebrate difference, diversity and aim to empower our employees. We reward our staff with a great salary, 4% KiwiSaver, a power discount, a collaborative culture and ongoing development opportunities. Join us and know that you'll be valued for the contribution you make and the part you play in helping us achieve our goals.