We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the Climate Policy Analysis Team (CPT). You will be in charge of the coordination, administration and management of the team’s projects. This entails overseeing all CPT projects, including financial and contract management, progress and financial monitoring, and reporting. The position is based in Berlin, Germany.
You are responsible for maintaining an overview of all administrative, contractual, financial and deliverable deadlines and milestones of all projects of the Climate Policy Team, report to the CPT leads and act as an interface between the CPT leads, the project leads and the Finance Team.
- You support CPT leads and project leads in project planning, coordination and tracking of project deliverables for our various short term and long term projects.
- You support the CPT leads in resource planning, management and providing timely monthly staff time allocations to the finance team.
- You are responsible for budget controlling and monitoring in close collaboration with the Finance Team. This also includes preparing financial reports for funders, drafting event budgets and checking partner financial reports.
- You prepare budget proposals in collaboration with CPT colleagues, the development and finance teams.
- You support CPT colleagues with administrative and organisational aspects of project management.
- You act as a focal point for contacts with funders and partners at administrative level.
- You support the team in the identification and acquisition of additional funding sources.
You ideally have the following qualifications:
- You have sound experience in project management techniques and have already coordinated projects from public / governmental funders.
- You have experience working in an international and/or interdisciplinary context and have knowledge or a profound interest in solving major challenges related to climate change and sustainability
- You have at minimum a bachelor degree in political, social or environmental science, or equivalent qualification.
- You bring experience in budget controlling, eligibility rules and procedures.
- You have already been involved in developing and writing funding proposals targeting different public/governmental funding agencies.
- You are well organized, pro-active, self-motivated and flexible and have the ability to work independently but also as part of a larger team.
- You are able to work and communicate with a diverse array of partners and stakeholders, including high-level representatives.
- You have excellent German and English writing and verbal skills.
- You are willing to travel.
Application Deadline: 01 March 2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: Fixed term contract until Dec 2021 with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 1 March 2020 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.