Manager (m/f/d) of the project ‘Inclusive water supply and sanitation services in Burkina Faso’
The ‘Inclusive water supply and sanitation services in Burkina Faso’ project forms part of the ‘Drinking water and sanitation provision in Burkina Faso’ project, a development cooperation initiative financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, and is focused on improving access for the population to drinking water and sanitation services. The project contributes to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6 of the 2030 Agenda: Clean water and sanitation. The immediate target group comprises 30,000 people in four cities. The scaling-up strategy and improved sector steering benefit the entire urban population. The lead executing agency is the Ministry of Water and Sanitation. The methodological approach consists of advising the Ministry on sector steering, supporting the water supplier with establishing a scaling-up approach, creating a financing mechanism for sanitation services, implementing the sanitation chain in up to four municipalities, and developing the capacities of managers, service providers and target groups.
- Strategic planning, steering, monitoring, evaluation and conceptual development of the project
- Responsibility, in accordance with GIZ minimum standards, for all technical, content-related, commercial and organisational aspects
- HR responsibility for managing an international staff team, a development worker and a consulting agency
- Responsibility for providing technical support to the consulting agency
- Coordinator and contact person for national partners and donors
- Involvement in meetings of donors and steering committees in the sector
- Contributing to the relevant networks and working groups of GIZ
- Degree-level qualification in water supply/sanitation, environmental sciences or similar
- Several years’ experience in managing German development cooperation projects
- Experience in managing and leading national and international teams
- Expertise in advising and developing the capacities of partners at macro, meso and micro level in the areas of good governance, scaling up and financing mechanisms
- Knowledge of hygiene-sensitisation and behavioural-change methods
- Knowledge of results monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of working in the region would be an advantage
- Fluency in business French, German and English
You can follow this link to find information about living and working in Burkina Faso.
The position requires occasional business travel within Burkina Faso and internationally.
In recognition of the unique conditions of an assignment in a location with a fragile security situation,GIZ offers an additional attractive service package.
The security situation is tense. There are special precautionary measures in place on the ground for GIZ employees. GIZ’s security guidelines must be followed at all times. Please also look into any country-specific information provided by the Federal Foreign Office as a basic principle. GIZ has a professional security risk management system in place on the ground. Mobility is restricted. GIZ does not place any restrictions on employees being accompanied by family members. Where applicable, please find out what types of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.