ERNST & YOUNG Foundation (EY Foundation) Invites ‘EOI’ from reputed NGOs/ Implementation Agencies for implementation of WASH program in Government schools in multiple cities
ABOUT EY FOUNDATION:
EY FOUNDATION, the CSR arm of Ernst & Young- India was established in December 2005 in India, is a not-for-profit organization engaged in community-oriented initiatives across 12 states. The Foundation has Education, Environment and Entrepreneurship (women empowerment) as focus areas.
PURPOSE OF THE EOI:
The EOI solicits response from reputed NGOs and agencies who had done/ been doing significant work in “Water, Sanitation and Hygiene” sector. The applications are requested from organizations with operational capability in locations/ cities mentioned in the first table.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Objective: Improving infrastructure and behaviour related to water, sanitation and hygiene to significantly improve child health and learning outcomes
Approach & Strategy:
- Ensure ecological restoration & environmental sustainability through promotion of Rain Water Harvesting in Schools
- Provide schools with improved water and sanitation facilities.
- Ensure adequate and functional toilets for boys and girls including hygiene awareness,
- Training students for the right usage of these facilities along with improvising their personal hygiene practices.
- Establish a mechanism for the school authorities to take care of the renovated facilities to facilitate a seamless exit from the school.
Scale of Work:
EY Foundation plans to take up 20-25 schools in each city each year with a plan to cover around 100 schools over the next 4-5 years.
Duration of the Project:
A. Schools with a strength of over 300 Students
B. Schools with a potential to harvest minimum 300,000 litres of Rain Water/Year
Non-negotiables in finalising partners:
A. Partners Presence in the project implementation city for at least 3 Yrs
B. Proven expertise of implementing School WASH programme in the proposed city/cities
C. Experience in Rain Water Harvesting is a must.
D. Must have in-house capacity or have contacts for preparation of technical estimates & carry out physical infrastructure related work
E. Annual Grant Size in the range of Rs. 3-10 crores would be preferred.
F. Has competent professional team to carry out softer components in schools
Outline / Format of the application:
The application should be brief, not exceeding 4-5 pages and should be in below outline/ format.
A. About the <Organization/ NGO/ Implementing Agency>
- Brief History
- Thematic Focus & Outreach
- Activities undertaken
- Registration Detail
- HR strength and professional capacity
- Last 3 years revenue/grant size & major donors.
B. 5 big projects been implemented by the agency in last 3 Yrs including name of donors, size of grant & outcomes achieved (not necessarily in WASH)
C. Experience with Urban Slums & Schools ‘WASH’ programme. The Scale, intervention strategies, project components, costing etc. - Any experience with Rain Water Harvesting.
Submission Details & Deadlines:
- Please submit the complete application in the prescribed format latest by 21.02.2020 to email@example.com
- Please send in your submissions with Subject Line “Submission of EOI for School WASH program by <Name of Organization in City/Cities> - EYF” in the given format:
- All enquiries to be done through e-mail only.