Afghanistan nationals: Emergency WASH Manager
Closely working with Emergency WASH Advisor, Operation Manager and the Head of Program to plan implement and monitor emergency WASH intervention effectively and efficiently. Provide coaching and mentoring services to the Emergency Unit including regional designated staff to enhance the technical and managerial competencies to implement effective and efficient emergency WASH projects. Explore possible options to expand emergency WASH unit to serve other demanding areas.
Emergency WASH Project Management (50%)
- Under the guidance of the Emergency WASH Advisor, the Emergency WASH Manager will contribute to the implementation of the emergency programs and the achievement of DACAAR’s objectives.
- Review UNHCR, OCHA and WASH Cluster report and research documents and coordinate with Regional Managers to stay alert on emergency cases.
- Work closely with Emergency WASH Advisor to prepare DACAAR Emergency WASH Intervention Guidelines.
- Under the guidance of Emergency WASH Advisor, train Unit staff and prepare all emergency response items ready and store in strategic located warehouses.
- Assist in planning project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning as well as preparation, implementation and coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities including logistical, HR and financial aspects.
- Manage and monitor projects implementation to ensure that activities are implemented on timely manner and according to DACAAR’s standard and donor’s requirements.
- Supervise and monitor all Emergency Unit staff for their excellent contribution on the emergency response program.
- In coordination with M& E Unit develop timely quality project reports according to donor requirements and DACAAR’s guidelines.
- Coordinate all emergency WASH projects activities carried out in all field locations ensuring that activities are in accordance to strategy and being implemented on schedule and according to the approved plans.
- Participate in drafting of emergency WASH project proposals for the expansion of the existing DACAAR’s Emergency WASH Interventions including need assessments, community consultations, technical design of the intervention and the budget associated.
- Update all Emergency WASH related regional level meeting minutes for the records and reference to prepare a new action plan.
- Make sure that the WASH emergency materials are procured with good quality in coordination with Technical Unit and Logistic Unit.
- Conduct regular supervision of WASH emergency activities in the targeted areas
Capacity Building (20%)
- Develop skills amongst emergency WASH related staff through coaching, mentoring or organizing training on carry out needs assessment, common rationale, probing techniques on WASH needs assessment and report writing.
- Coordination with Emergency WASH Advisor organize regional and national level workshops on learning exchange to exchange the experience and best practices among WASH cluster partners.
Communication and Coordination (20%)
- Represent DACAAR in Emergency WASH Task Force meeting such as ERM meeting,
- UNHCR or OCHA and other WASH -related meetings in coordination with Emergency WASH Advisor or Operation Manager.
- Cooperate with the Regional managers and other relevant partners and local authorities on emergency issues.
- Prepare monthly reports on WASH project activities, including documentation for final handover and closure of projects.
- Attend WSG meeting on monthly basis to coordinate with other who are active in the sector.
- Working closely with WASH cluster, including reports to the cluster.
Logistics and Quality Management (10%)
- In coordination with Regional Manager, liaise with field WASH authorities and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the program to ensure quality and accountability.
- Manage and monitor all DACAAR WASH related warehouses to ensure that our materials stocks are safe and sufficient. Monitor the inventory and report to the Program Head and Emergency WASH Advisor on existing situation and request on time if needs to top off.
- Manage and monitor projects activities, finance and budgets according to project proposal. Maintain strong update on budgets, ensuring spending within available resources.
- Ensure adherence to DACAAR policies and donor requirements.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Besides the above responsibilities, Emergency WASH Manager has a responsibility to accomplish any other relevant tasks given by Operational Manager
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/ Master degree in civil engineering is preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in implementing WASH related projects.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Experience in implementing Emergency projects
- Coordination with the other stakeholders
- Be able to represent the organization in the external meetings
- Staff Management
- Report Writing
Languages: Pashto/Dari & English
- Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
- Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
- 24 days of paid annual leave per year
- 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 2 days weekend
- Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
- 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
- 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
- 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
- 15 days of public holidays per year
- Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
- Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
- DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
- The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, AfghanistanPostal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.