Project Location: Assam
About Tata Trusts: Tata Trusts are amongst India's oldest, non-sectarian philanthropic organizations. The Trusts have played a pioneering role in transforming traditional ideas of charity and introducing the concept of philanthropy to make a real difference to communities. Through grant-making, direct implementation and co-partnership strategies, the Trusts support and drive innovation in the areas of natural resources management; education; healthcare and nutrition; rural livelihoods; enhancing civil society and governance; media, arts, crafts and culture; and diversified employment.
About Centre for Microfinance & Livelihood (CML): As an Initiative of the Tata Trusts, CML imbibes the larger vision, values and goals of the Trusts, carrying along with it, its core competence in capacity building, linkage, facilitation and implementation. Currently, CML is intensively focusing in the states of Manipur, Assam, Tripura, and regions of Meghalaya, under its efforts of Skilling youths, establishing state of the art facilities for promoting Sports and promotion of rural livelihoods.
The candidate would be deputed to work with the Project Jalodari, the WASH Initiative of Tata Global Beverages Limited (TGBL) in Assam implemented by the Centre for Micro Finance and Livelihood (CML), Assam in coordination with Tata Water Mission (TWM) of Tata Trusts. The candidate would be based in the Project Area as per requirement. Key responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent are:
1. Provide support and assist the leadership for planning, developing and implementation of technological solutions in the areas/geographies where WASH activities have been initiated under Project Jalodari of TGBL.
2. Assessment and develop plans for installation of the Arsenic and Iron removal technologies in coordination with Tea Estates under TGBL.
3. Providing support in assessment of water quality testing at field level for selection of the right technology.
4. Provide support to identify elements (besides water purification equipment) for setting up the community-based unit – civil structure, solar panels, ATM, monitoring system, repairs and maintenance system, etc.
5. Provide support to identify design parameters and vendors for a specific technology.
6. Provide required support to the field teams for implementation of technology-based solutions.
7. Develop plans for the Water Resources Engineering and coordinate with TWM for technical inputs and guidance.
The candidate should:
1. Possess a Graduation/ Post-graduation degree in Environmental Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Hydrology/ Water Resource Engineering.
2. Have work experience of a minimum of 2 years; preferably in handling any social / rural development and/ or government projects. Fresh graduates from premier management institutes with zeal to be a part of the rural development may also apply.
3. Possess demonstrated capabilities of leadership and institutional development experience.
4. Possess the ability to innovate future strategies and deliver, in a challenging environment.
5. Have a good command of spoken and written English and local regional languages.
6. Possess excellent computer skills, interpersonal, analytical and writing skills and have the ability to work as a member of a team.
Remuneration and contract period: The remuneration would be Rs.5-6 lakh per annum.
Nature of Employment: Contractual (The position would be for 1 year initially)