Entry Level Hydrologic and Hydraulic Dams Engineer
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Hydrologic and Hydraulic Dams Engineer for employment in the Germantown, MD office. This position will support ongoing dams engineering projects across the Southeast United States, nationally, and around the world. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position consist of providing technical support to Project Managers, including design, analysis, inspection, construction observation, and regulatory compliance activities associated with a variety of dams. Includes:
- Assist in technical investigations.
- Support Hydrologic and Hydraulic analysis and design.
- Provide dam construction oversight.
- Desire to progress toward greater responsibility, including task management.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel for project work part time.
- Builds analytic and design skills.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering or other related field
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- Desire to engage in Hydrologic and Hydraulic engineering support of dam engineering projects.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard MS Office software.
- Due to nature of the work U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Hydrology and Hydraulics background and experience strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, GIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, etc.
- Previous engineering experience (e.g. internship or co-op).
- Master’s degree.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.