Major Gifts Officer
About Water for Good
Water for Good is a US 501(c)(3) faith-based international development nonprofit with a global staff of approximately 50 people. Water for Good is committed to solving water issues in the Central African Republic. Our mission? Tackling water poverty in one of the world’s most forgotten countries. Our goal? Clean, lasting water for every man, woman, and child in the Central African Republic.
We have provided water to over 850,000 people and currently maintain water access for over 600,000 people in one of the poorest countries on earth, with an annual budget of around $6 million USD. Please visit www.waterforgood.org to learn more.
Water for Good is seeking a full-time Major Gifts Officer to leverage more financial resources to support the exponential growth of Water for Good. This position will be responsible for developing and executing strategies for donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, gift acknowledgment, and stewardship. S/he should have an ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key.
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and dreams through a relationship with Water for Good
- Secure major gifts at the $50,000 to $1,000,000 level with the goal of raising $1,000,000 annually
- Work with the CEO and Director of Development to align efforts and set goals
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Identify and qualify new major donor prospects
- Develop and execute cultivation and solicitation strategies. Create and implement moves management plans. Prepare donor solicitation proposals and reports.
- Manage a donor portfolio of 120-150 donors and prospects. Report 10-12 meaningful relationships on a monthly basis.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their donor cultivation and solicitation
- Design highly customized donor engagement plans
- Plan and implement gift acknowledgment and stewardship activities
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Deliver regular reports to management and board
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the management team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience and demonstrated ability to secure individual and major gifts ( 6 figures gifts) and meet objectives
- Comfortable using a donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening tools to aid in the moves management process
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Technologically savvy; knowledge using the full range of contemporary remote office software (Microsoft, Google, Skype, etc.)
- Flexible, organized and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail and result-oriented
- Motivated by results; a bias for action
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to Water for Good’s mission
- Must be a US Citizen or have a valid US work visa
NOT REQUIRED BUT A PLUS:
- CFRE or other types of fundraising-related certifications or degrees
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Development
- Based in Indianapolis, IN or Raleigh, NC
- This position requires extensive travel across the United States
Compensation: $60,000-$65,000 salary plus competitive benefit package