Associate/Technical Director (Water and Environmental Management)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our Water and Environment practice offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, water companies, infrastructure providers and developers. We have an enviable reputation and have secured multi-year frameworks to provide services in the UK water sector and have a 25 year record of delivering the strategic planning around water resources and the associated environmental services.
We are seeking an Associate/Technical Director to play a leading role in our Water & Environment team. You will be an expert in the regulatory, business and policy environment of water and environmental management in which our clients operate. You will have the confidence to work at senior levels across the water sector and the gravitas to manage the interface with regulators, utilizing your technical knowledge.
In addition, you will work with other sectors such as airports, energy and waste, to address water-related environmental challenges. provide strategic thinking for clients; leadership of the technical teams, and the ability to grow the extensive existing business.
Key Skills & Experience:
As an Associate/Technical Director you are likely to have an MSc/PhD with significant experience of water and environmental management, in the UK and potentially internationally. You should be able to demonstrate significant capability in technical leadership and delivery of water-related projects, with experience in a number of the following areas:
- Physical environmental monitoring and assessment, including hydrology and water quality
- Ecological monitoring (aquatic) and assessment
- Water resource management and drought planning
- Environmental assessment, includingSEA, HRA and WFD
- Catchment Management
- Climate change impact assessment and adaptation planning
- Experience of assessing future environmental and societal resilience and options benefits at a regional and local scale.
- Providing expert evidence on behalf of clients (water quality/aquatic ecology)
- Experience across a number of sectors beyond the water sectorUnderstanding and interest in innovative approach to managing water demand and re-use.
In addition you will demonstrate:
- Significant relevant experience in consultancy or similar comparable or related working environment.
- Breadth and depth of experience from working with a variety of clients, contractors and regulators.
- Entrepreneurial approach to the development of new business opportunities.
- Effective and highly developed communication skills, both written and oral, including excellent report and bid-writing skills and ability to give presentations and lead debate at all levels.
- Capable of engaging with breadth of leadership teams across all functions, constructively influencing and driving strategic and operational change
- A passion for delivering high quality work, identifying and securing new opportunities on a wide range of topics and bringing new ideas to the table for successfully growing the business;
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to create a motivated and high performance team;
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business at senior management level in a consultancy environment;
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities;
You will have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and in providing technical oversight. The ability to direct projects and be the key point of contact with clients will be important. You will integrate with a team that has an excellent record working for multiple UK Water Company and Infrastructure clients, and we have strong ambitions to grow our international business.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.