ALS Hydrographics is a diverse and dynamic provider of hydro-meteorological products and services. We specialise in the supply and operation of a wide range of monitoring systems for long term, continuous monitoring of many environmental parameters including water, weather and air quality.
About the Position
ALS Hydrographics is a diverse and dynamic provider of hydro-meteorological products and services. We are currently seeking an experienced motivated person to join the Rockhampton Hydrographics Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a committed and dedicated team who continually strive to meet and exceed client expectations.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide best practice Hydrographic services for clients, in a safe and timely manner.
- Install, service, operate and maintain automatic environmental monitoring stations with a strict emphasis on quality.
- Project management.
- Client liaison and correspondence.
- Collect environmental data from automatic monitoring stations and verify data using computer software package before supply to clients.
- Accurate record keeping including field observations, photographs, maps and calibration checks.
- Flow measurement in rivers, creeks and drains.
- Undertake manual sampling activities from both surface water and groundwater, using a range of techniques with adherence to QA principles and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of, and adherence to, HSE principals.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Diploma Water Operations/ Certificate Hydrography or other applicable tertiary qualification, completed.
- 3 years’ minimum hydrographic experience.
- Current manual car driver’s license.
- Able to work in a variety of environmental conditions including time away from home.
- Ability to swim.
- Competent with hydrographic software applications (Hydstra) and data acquisition applications necessary for effective data management and field instrumentation operation.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Hydrography including project management experience.
- Significant experience with health, safety and environmental aspects of field work.
- 4WD and Mine Site experience.
- High level attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
Benefits & Culture
At ALS we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Health fund discounts with Bupa.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia.
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Sunsuper.
- On-line learning system with extensive modules of choice.
- Friendly working environment with accessible management.
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS including global opportunities for suitable candidates.
- We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
How to apply:
Applications covering relevant skills and experience will be treated with the strictest confidence and should be sent to the link below:
Applications close: Monday 3rd February 2020