Surface Water Intern
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
- The majority of your day would be spent on a team performing various tasks such as civil design for street, sewer, water and storm drain improvement plans, hydrology and hydraulic calculations, and rough and precise grading.
- You may also assist other departments within the office on an as-needed basis.
- You will work with Project Engineers and Managers who will guide you in the development of deliverables.
- You’ll feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are an important part of the organization and are contributing to the success of your clients, your organization and yourself!
- Candidate must be enrolled and pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering at an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 2 year of completed post-secondary coursework in student’s field of study.
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Technical skills for daily tasks include good analytical skills, strong technical writing ability, and excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.