About the role
The Resource Development team provides support and sustains Pilbara Operations, through delivery of Ore Body Knowledge that ensures resources are developed in time, future value opportunities are identified and developed, and that tenure remains secure.
Water Resource Evaluation is responsible for providing the technical advice and direction necessary to mitigate water-related risk across our Pilbara Operations at all stages of mine development, from concept through to feasibility, implementation, operations and closure.
This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster with irregular ad hoc travel to site and reporting to the Superintendent Hydrogeology, you will:
- Monitor and review effectiveness of dewatering and water management strategies in meeting mine plan and study requirements
- Develop and test hydrogeological conceptualisations in greenfields and brownfields settings
- Risk assess the impact of changes to mine plans on groundwater management strategies
- Compile, validate and quality assure internal and regulatory groundwater reporting
- Generate scoping investigations and scopes of work that design and define dewatering, depressurisation and monitoring requirements as well as aquifer testing
- Provide technical and safety oversight of hydrogeological field programmes
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A current C Class driver’s license
- Tertiary Geology or Geoscience qualification
- Demonstrated experience in hydrogeology/hydrology in industry, government or consulting roles
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.