Intern (Regional Programme Directorate)
This internship aims to offer students undergoing graduate or post-graduate studies and recent graduates a meaningful work experience by supplementing their learning through a practical and on-the-job training approach. In doing so, the intern’s knowledge is supplemented through a practical learning experience while IUCN derives some level of advantage from the young professional’s services as well as the possibility of gaining new perspectives from the intern.
The Intern will support the Regional Programme Directorate, Asia Team in related programme and administrative tasks as assigned. The Intern will be trained and mentored in records management techniques, archiving systems and records retention protocols. Learning areas include the following:
• Reviewing the status of data entry on the project portal at the time of updates requested to ensure that there is good compliance of project portal data update
• Supporting with the consolidation of the programme reports and any other relevant tasks as required
• Supporting in coordinating the requested inputs from countries and relevant regional thematic programmes
• Developing preparatory materials and analysis as required by the RPD team for the various events during the internship period
• Carrying out preliminary desk analysis that involves reviewing project progress against work plans, procurement and disbursement plans as submitted by specific donor agencies as and when required
• Learning opportunity in the development of the business engagements efforts across the region
• Be part of team members in performing the Private Sector’s role in nature conservation in Thailand, with a focus on biodiversity and contributing to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Aichi.
• Assisting in reviewing programme and project operational and process in compliance with Policies and Procedures
• Perform other functions, as may be appropriate under the conditions of the internship.
• Must be currently enrolled in any University or Advanced University Degree
• Be in a “gap year” between studies with a clear goal of returning to complete or initiate studies at the end of the “gap year/period”.
• Willingness to learn is essential
• Proficient in the use of office applications (MS Word and Excel) and web-based management systems
• A good command of verbal/written English
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/