Impact on EWB-USA's Mission + Vision
EWB-USA’s Engineering Service Corps program draws on the expertise of the organization’s most seasoned volunteers from across engineering disciplines and industry sectors. The Engineering Service Corps collaborates with International NGOs, governments, Foundations, UN agencies and local communities to design and implement sustainable and technologically appropriate solutions to engineering challenges.
Projects vary greatly in scale and duration, with focus areas of expertise in disaster response, agriculture, infrastructure, energy and WASH.
Description + Responsibilities
In anticipation of upcoming project opportunities requiring solar pumping knowledge and skills, Engineering Service Corps is soliciting qualified individuals to be included in our standing roster. These individuals should meet many of the criteria outlined below and are able to provide remote assistance and travel internationally for 1-3 weeks assignments.
Areas of focus
- Design, operations and maintenance of water systems including wells, manual and power pumps and connections to access points.
- Design, operations and maintenance of solar (PV) power systems, specifically those used to power submersible pumps.
- Familiarity with all components of solar powered water pumping systems (PV arrays, inverters, controllers, diesel generators, batteries, pumps, piping, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with solar powered pumping systems.
- Design and maintenance of pumping systems and solar power systems, specifically those in least-developed settings.
- Water quality, water supply or environmental engineering with specific experience working in rural, developing regions.
- Other WASH and energy related disciplines as demonstrated on your submitted resume.
Qualifications + Requirements
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an energy or water/sanitation related engineering discipline. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in developing countries and austere settings within these technical areas. Volunteers are required to be active EWB-USA members and pass a background and reference check prior to deployment.
Once specific assignments are determined, qualified candidates will be contacted
How to apply:
For consideration please submit an updated CV along with any relevant past experiences or designs on this online form. Only applicants that attach a CV/Resume will be considered.