Waterborne Transportation Legal International Consultant
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master Degree or higher in maritime and transportation law/international law of the sea.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in the following fields: International water law; Maritime and transportation law; International law of the sea; maritime and seaports law; public maritime law, in all their applications
- Broad expertise in cross-border transport agreements and protocols and their direct applications in waterborne transport, also as consultant
- Knowledge of technical fields pertaining to non-physical and physical navigation matters such as dredging, customs and immigration procedures, cargo forwarding, transportation and environment, transport of dangerous goods, rules and regulations.
- Proven capability and practical experience in providing technical assistance required for various facets of international negotiation process and dispute resolution techniques in transboundary water management in an international river basin even under strong pressure and time constraints
- Experience with MRC and Mekong work and networks in the region is a very important advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent writing, presentation, and reporting skills
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Refernce on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F53FP3F
The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 24 January 2020