U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
U.S. Bureau of Land Management
Idaho Falls, ID, United States
22 January 2020
3 days remaining
This position is located in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Information about the surrounding area may be found here Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- Plan and coordinate projects involving the analysis and evaluation of stream flow and transport of sediment or pollutants in stream channels.
- Applies a variety of hydrologic models to generate infonnation on high flows, channel behavior, sedimentation.
- Calibrates models to account for changes in land use patterns in the district and modifies modeling procedures to improve model validity.
- Serves as the point of contact on all hydrologic and water resources issues.
- Subject matter expert on water resources issues for interdisciplinary teams in the District.
- Engages in negotiations for agreements for the use of federally owned water resources and recommends actions to the district manager to assure availability of water needed for BLM management responsibilities.
- Assist State and National offices with improving methods of inventory, monitoring and managing water resources, and experience in preparing technical reports to explain the geologic and mineralogical character of solid minerals.